Monday, May 11, 2015

Hedwig & the Angry Inch

 Dress: Rose & Black Check Dress by MM2 (size 4x) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month for free & help me earn an extra garment for a month)
Teggings: Re/Dress
Sandals: thrifted
Necklace: Me
Earring: etXarte
Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo, Kate, & Me (Canon Rebel & iPhone)
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I was a pink lumberjack to drive Super Boo to the airport & on another day to see a movie with Kate. I love these fit & flare dresses by MM2, but this was another weird crinkle textured fabric like this dress, but for some reason, it did not bother me as much in this pattern. Most certainly not a warm weather dress, I think you'd melt in it over 70°. Great fit & length on me...fabulously fun to wear. Also, these bright pink teggings were a *perfect* match. 
Super Boo goes to California every spring to plant his 93 year old grandma's garden...I wore this dress to drive him to the airport. He was gone for 10 days & my wonderful friend Brian was supposed to come visit me the entire time, but he got bronchitis. Sad.
One of the things I had planned to do with Brian was attend some of the movies playing during the LGBT film fest, Reel Love. I rrreeeeeaaaalllllly wanted to see Hedwig on the big screen again as it is one of my all time favorite movies...however, it was not screening until 11:30 pm, & the girlie bedtime is around 10...so I never suspected she would go with me...but...she did! Thanks to her work bowling party & 2 beers. We went out to eat first at Alchemy & I had a most delicious Alchemy Old-Fashioned, made with house-made cherry brandy, bitters, & Gosling's ginger beer. We split a tasty veggie stuffed grilled cheese. Pictured above, the girlie's 3rd & 4th beer (I mention that only because it is a first for her, but does not really rank as this is Wisconsin...the beer capitol). Also, it was chilly, so I added socks & closed toed shoes for the evening. 
There is this fun looking couple that goes to many of the same film fest movies each year that we do...they always sit near the front row & we only see them during that one time of year. They were at this movie! If Kate & I were not so shy, we might actually say hi...but we keep to ourselves, so they are our imaginary friends. Yay, Hedwig!!! I've had the soundtrack playing on iTunes & in my head the last few weeks since seeing this marvelous movie again. 
The end of the pink lumberjack.

6 comments:

  1. i LOVE LOVE LOVE this outfit and you look AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, e!!! You just like it because it's PINK ;)

      Delete
  2. That pink against the yellow wall = perfection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Leah! I do love that yellow wall.

      Delete
  3. I love these photos, and I love this outfit! So much color, so much kitsch, so much fabulousness! I think we could all use a bit more hot pink and neon yellow in our lives!

    <3 Liz
    www.withwonderandwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete