Sunday, May 17, 2015

Purple Pattern Mixing

 Dress: Majestic Fit & Flare Dress by Triste (size 5x) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn GB credit)
Cardigan: Willow Bay, thrifted
Tights: Catherines
Shoes: ?, thrifted
Necklace: Babil & Bijou
Earring: etXarte
Bracelet: Wendy Baker
Photography: Kate & Me (iPhone)
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I wore this outfit to attend a celebration of life & run errands. I liked this dress more than I thought I would considering all the white involved. I often get these GB house brands in my usual size, 4x, but I prefer the extra room when I size up. These fit & flares are so easy to wear and come in some fun patterns...I liked all the purple in this one & was especially fond of the light greeny gold color because it meant I could finally wear these shoes I found months ago at Savers. Luckily, I couldn't remember where I tossed my purple cardigan, because I had to throw on this argyle one for some pattern mixing fun. 
I get tired of the same old poses...so I was trying something new above. It may have worked, but I like to open my mouth & make weird faces...it is actually difficult to find photos to put up here because I have my mouth open in so many. 
Before I had my therapist license, I had my cosmetology license. A woman whose nails I have been doing since I was 21 lost her husband (he was 90) & I attended the celebration of his life. It was really lovely, with funny stories & delicious food. 
When I got home...make-up mail! I kept buying & returning purple liquid liners from Sephora, so I went online to see if Stila or Urban Decay had one...& Urban Decay had all their waterproof liquid liners on sale for $10! So of course I had to buy 5 so I could get free shipping & free gifts. 
My make-up for the day, including Freakshow & Hoodoo shadows from the Urban Decay Vice LTD palette & a combination of Bite Beauty Cashmere Lip Creams in Port & Burgundy.
 Aren't these kitten heel brocade shoes fantastic...with rhinestones...
I clearly need more purple jewelry...

No comments:

Post a Comment