Thursday, May 14, 2015

Guilty Pleasures

 Dress: Malika Dress in Bronzed Jungle Fever by Igigi (size 26/28) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn an extra garment for a month)
Cardigan: Avenue
Tights: Catherines
Shoes: Dansko
Necklace: Wendy Baker
Earring: etXarte
Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Kate & Me (iPhone)
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I wore this leopard dress to run errands. I nearly sent this back to GB without wearing it, but I thought I could make it work for a day with nothing much going on. I adore leopard print, however, I was not a fan of the black knit top, it felt & fit like a cheap nightgown. The skirt was a chiffon non-stretchy fabric that was lovely, it was the perfect length, & I liked the leopard panels on the shoulders. It was a chilly day, so I wore the cardigan with it & I liked it much better this way because I felt the elastic waist separating the 2-tone dress needed a belt to bring it together & the cardigan provided that finishing touch. 
Kate in Leota (I got this dress a week or so later, so there will be photos of us wearing it together soon). 
I had to return the non-waterproof liquid liner to Sephora...so of course since the sale was still going on...I made myself a trio of Make Up Forever eyeshadows, replaced the purple liquid liner I returned for this sparkly one (which I later returned), & picked up my birthday gift from Sephora (2 Nars lipsticks). 
I ran into Ulta to use my coupon & picked up this NYX black waterproof liner & another make-up sponge. NYX is by far my favorite drugstore brand of make-up, I especially love their pencil eyeliners. 
My guilty pleasure...I love going into Barnes & Noble, grabbing a stack of magazines, & sitting for a few hours getting lost in the beauty & being inspired by the creativity. What are your guilty pleasures? 
Before going home to the lonely doggies, I stopped at St. Vinnie's & picked them out 2 cuddly bears to rip apart. It's great fun for both of them, but especially Oscar...his poor bear had most of his stuffing out in less than 5 minutes. 
Leopard print seemed to cry out for a double winged eye on this particular day. Also, I had switched purses & forgot to transfer my hair products...so this is my hair with nothing done to it...Kate prefers it, but I like to fluff it up a bit. 

2 comments:

  1. New follower! Love your blog. :) You have great style!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kim!!! That is really sweet of you to say.

      Delete