Wednesday, April 29, 2015

The Sills at The Anna Lee

 Dress: Heirloom Rose Garden Dress by MM2 (size 4x) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link & get your first month free & help me earn an extra garment for a month)
Teggings: Re/Dress
Sandals: Born
Necklace: Gift from Suz via The Girls of GB jewelry swap
Bracelet: Vintage
Earring: etXarte
Photography: Super Boo & Me (Canon Rebel & iPhone)
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I wore this fabulously flowery frock to work & see my favorite local band with Kate. This was the first dress in a long time that I was eager to get from GB...look at that gorgeous happy print! I was planning on purchasing it as soon as the box was delivered. Sadly, the fabric on this is...strange. It was thicker than I expected, so it really is just a spring dress, I would not wear this over 70°. Also, it has a strange feel to it...like a textured 70s shower curtain, which felt unpleasant against my skin. However, it was fun to wear once & I felt like a spring princess all day long. 
Kate is always adorable, but she looked *extra* adorable in this Hell Bunny dress that she immediately bought from GB. I am full of envy that Hell Bunny does not come in my size, as they make some precious dresses. The Anna Lee, which is actually just someone's house that occasionally has bands play. The lady of the house asked if she could take our picture, so of course we requested she take some with my phone too. We look like we are up to something here.
The Sills & sparking wine, perfection. Kate was a twirly girlie during the break between sets. Right before the last song, Kate was wishing they would play The Garden Song...& like magic, they played it! 
I am in love with all the brightness of the colors in my dress & make-up...& isn't that necklace a perfect match?!
 Flowers everywhere...

4 comments:

  1. I just found your blog a couple of days ago (from a review you left on GB for a pink lace dress). I ended getting sucked in and I think I have read all your posts now! We are similar body shapes and it has been fascinating to me to get an idea of what a dress/top would look on me. Plus I have loved seeing everything that Wisconsin and Chicago has to offer. Thanks so much for writing a wonderful blog!

    PS...I loved this dress on you. What a shame that the fabric felt so horrible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Megan! Thanks for your kind words & for reading my blog. It's been fun keeping a record not only of what I wear, but the things I do...kind of like Live Journal days of old.

      Delete
  2. I ADORE this outfit. What a shame the material is weird, as it looks glorious on you.

    ReplyDelete