Saturday, April 25, 2015

Wisconsin Film Fest, Day 1

 Top: Rosa Top in Rue Noir by Igigi (size 26/28) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month for free/$10 & help me earn an extra garment for a month)
Skirt: Lane Bryant
Sandals: Dansko
Necklace: Babil & Bijou
Bracelet: Kate made
Photography: Super Boo & Me (Canon Rebel & iPhone)
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I wore this ensemble to the 1st & 3rd days of The Wisconsin Film Festival. Holy buckets, I adore this outfit! I am in love with the way the patterns go together & the fabric was nearly identical...they were made for each other. On its own, I am not fond of the pattern on the top, but it is a fantastic fit & a great length. The pop of color in the top is more of a deep coral than red, which is what I originally thought it was. 
Mmmmm, Gail Ambrosius chocolate. Also, the girlie got an adorable summer haircut! I snapped this on the 1st day of the film fest outside her work when I dropped her tickets off. 
My I-stink-at-selfies selfie...standing in line for our first movie while Super Boo parked the car. Uncle John was our first *and* best film of the festival. Both of the writers (one was also the director) & the star of the movie, John Ashton, were in attendance & spoke about the film and did a Q & A afterwards. It was filmed just outside of Madison in Lodi, WI. It was SO good. 
Kate & I went out for dinner between breaks in our movies on the 3rd day, Saturday. Spring herby girlie cocktails at Graze- Saged by the Bell (Bulliet Rye, Aperol, vanilla, sage, & ginger beer) & Orange You Glad (Rishi orange blossom tea, Ketel One, Cocchi Americano, Combier orange liqueur, & white wine) Also, delicious cheese curds...the ones here have a bit thicker vodka batter. We are serious about our cheese curds in Wisconsin & it is often debated which restaurant has the best ones...in my opinion, Graze is in the top 3. 
Kate & I shared the Rhode Island Skate Wing (fried potatoes, shallot confit, spinach, lemon, olives, sundried tomatoes, capers, aged balsamic) & Gnocchi (seared Oaxacan queso, cherry tomatoes, green beans, mushrooms, wild watercress, lemon zest)...both were incredible. 
One more drink, Fresh Prince of Bergamot (Death's Door Gin, Graze bergamot syrup, & lemon). After dinner, Kate had to run off to her next film, so I had an enjoyable 1/2 an hour before Super Boo came to fetch me for our next film to sit on the square on a lovely evening & people watch. There were young girls in pretty prom dresses & a group of 10-12 people on a pedal-powered trolley singing Hungry Like The Wolf.
 I need a typewriter key or pen nib earring...or better yet...both!

No comments:

Post a Comment