Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Work // Thrifting // Girlie Time

Dress: Aqua Geometric Faux Wrap Dress by Liz Claiborne, thrifted 
Tights: We Love Colors
Shoes: Boden, thrifted
All Jewelry: Vintage
Stats: 5'7" 38-32-42
I picked up this fun bright dress while thrifting...aqua isn't my color, but those pops of orange are spectacular. Great fit & length on this work dress. I did have to pin the neckline closed. 
Quick snaps outside our building at work...so handy.
I thrifted these shoes at Savers years ago & always enjoyed wearing them, however, the size 10.5s got too big for me (they were always a size larger than I needed), but I found these on Poshmark in 2 sizes smaller. 
Despite orange being my favorite color, I don't have many orange earrings. I like the layers in this neckline. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Zero, Synth eyeshadow from KVD, Slowburn eyeshadow by UD, UD lipstick & lipliner in Bang, & OPI nail polish in My Chihuahua Doesn't Bite Anymore.  
Indoor farmers' market...we stocked up on bread, including from this new to us place, Sweet Grass Bread, we chose cinnamon swirl & it was fantastic. Sadly, I haven't seen her since. Origins is always wonderful, & we also picked up several loaves from Cress Springs. Collectivo for coffee...I like the Pistachio Pandan Latte. Then home for breakfast & the beginning of tree decorating. 
We sipped on egg nog while I untangled lights & David draped them on the tree. 
This topper is extremely special...it was David's maternal grandparents first tree topper & we are lucky to have it. Dinner that night was roasted sweet potatoes, cooked apples, & grilled pork chops. Sparkling water & record time at Kate's place. 
This is the dress I wore...I wore this thrifted lace number to work a few times, but never got around to pictures...maybe next time. After visiting with my girlie...I stopped at the Goodwill on my way home. 
I got everything I tried on except for the plaid skirt...which I decided was not the 90s vibe I wanted to revisit. I also came home to the Karina dresses I ordered when they were having a Black Friday sale. Lovely work dresses with a similar vibe to Leota. 
And more Black Friday buys...flower necklaces from bel monili & a new bottle of my cold weather scent, Ginger Essence from Origins. Another day, another thrift store. I wonder why I passed on that mustard cardigan?! It must have had some pilling. 
Weird mixed pattern sweater from Anthropologie...will I ever wear it? Interesting color combination...I liked the puffed shoulders & of course, orange. Fluevog sandals & Effie's Heart strawberry dress found on Poshmark (replacing some of the dresses I had in my previous size). 
I forgot to post these gold Coach duck boots David found for me at Retique...they were tagged the 1/2 off color of the week & for $15, I couldn't say no...& I have been wearing them to work every day since there's been snow on the ground...& then changing shoes. Courtney was on vacation in Japan, so I saw her colleague a few times. I wore this red & black leopard maxi, again...no pictures. Dinner with Kate! Jason was out of town, so we had them over for salmon with salt & vinegar roasted cabbage...yum. 
More thrifting...sadly, that red velvet dress was too big, such a gorgeous color...everything else came home with me, including a brand new Anthropologie mixed print dress. I find some good stuff at our local Goodwill on the north side...there is a ritzy neighborhood near there, Maple Bluff. Not surprisingly, areas with money have better offerings. 
I now own all 3 fun colors of these Fluevog Mille Miglia shoes (lime & purple are the other ones)...I couldn't resist these I got for a steal on Fluevog B/S/T. Speaking of Fluevog, for the past several years I've participated in their gift exchange & for the first time...I actually received a gift! It was a nice thought & I appreciate it...but I feel my person just gave me lots of random stuff they wanted to get rid of as none of it had anything to do with the interests I listed. I only kept the Burt's Bees lip balm. 
Ulta was having a buy 2, get 1 free sale on UD eyeliners...I got replacements/back-ups for some colors & 3 new to me colors. There was also a NYX sale & I need to be well stocked on my eyebrow pencils...AND the best thing was not only were these excellent deals, but I had a $20 off coupon as well. David ordered me 3 sparkly pairs of tights...gold, black, & copper...I immediately stuck my fingernail through the gold pair while trying them on...& one size fits all doesn't really do it for my big butt & thighs. The final time I threw this dress on was to have my very first ketamine therapy session...& there was this cute dog, Bentley/Benny. Home to cook dinner. I'll talk about my ketamine experience more down the line. I'm going to do a series of 6 sessions in a row (1 a week) & I will say...it's unlike anything I've ever experienced. I highly recommend it to everyone, but you have to be willing to really let go & enter into it with intension of what you'd like to work on...for me, it's anxiety. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment