Tuesday, January 9, 2024

David Sedaris // Bob Mould // Thanksgiving in Tennessee

Dress: Leadlights Angelou Dress by Effie's Heart
Tights: Snag
Shoes:?
Earring: etXarte
Long Necklace: former Etsy shop
Short Necklace & Bracelet: Vintage
Stats: 5'7" 38-32-42
I adore these Effie's Heart fit & flare dresses...but I mention that every time I wear one. Perfect fit & length...with pockets. I also wore this dress last Thanksgiving.
The colors in this dress are so unusual...it's difficult to decide what to pair with it...so like last year, nothing truly matched. 
I find it interesting that both times I styled this dress I chose to wear 2 necklaces...it's not something I do often. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Stash, Toasted & Chains eyeshadow by UD, MAC lipliner in Auburn, Golshan lipstick from NARS, & OPI nail polish in I'm Not Really A Waitress. 
I wore this dress a lot back in October after my surgery...it's a nice stretchy fit & flare & was easy to throw on when I was so swollen. David & I went to see David Sedaris...he was fantastic & his outfit was outstanding, but I didn't get a good picture. A visit to Gen to get my hair cut...she used to be my regular person, but she raised her rates too high for me. It was nice seeing her again, but I'll stick with Sigrid. Her shop is right next to the Willy St. Vinny's, so...
They often have an excellent selection of vintage clothing...but the real find on this day was that full length mink coat for $25! Can you even believe that?! It's in fabulous shape & an ideal fit. Afterwards, I headed over to see Courtney for a lymphatic massage...then home to make dinner. I used to make this butternut squash risotto often, but it's probably been ~15 years...so I revisited that & added some fried chicken thighs on the side so David would have protein. 
I wore this dress again the next day...I made us pan fried salmon with crispy garlic & roasted cauliflower before heading out to Stoughton. First stop, Vinny's. 
Then over to the Opera House to see Bob Mould. 
Jason Narducy opened & while his music was fine...what I really appreciated about him was his storytelling. Bob Mould put on a great show with lots of new stuff & just enough Hüsker Dü. The entire audience was my age, give or take 3 years. 
I also wore this outfit to work & to go to the Goodwill by our house...
And then I regretted not getting that green turtleneck...so I went back again the next day. And finally...I wore this dress on Thanksgiving at my parents' house. Coffee & breakfast...French toast with blueberries from their yard. 
The view from their porch is breathtaking to me...I love sitting out there when I visit. And we watched Macy's Thanksgiving Parade! I'm guessing it's been well over 20 years since that's happened...it was fun. 
Then we did something completely different from anything you did on Thanksgiving...we shot guns in my dad's gun range. My parents have a Gator they drive down there, but David thought his truck was up to the challenge...which was terrifying & fun...my dad took video to show one of his friends. 
There were all kinds of metal things that my dad's friend Frank made...my favorite was the hostage...you tried to shoot the bad guy (red circle) without hitting the hostage (black vaguely person shaped). 
And, while there is no pictorial evidence...we were also in the room while the Packer/Lion game was on. Snacks & a glass of wine.
Then, dinner! I was supposed to make roasted Brussels sprouts with pecans & pomegranate...but the sprouts didn't make it...they were too close to the ice packs in our cooler & died. But my mom made a delicious Thanksgiving meal...with pumpkin pie...much later...because guess what? We ate too much. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment