Sunday, January 21, 2024

Ahan // Squirrel Nut Zippers // Dinner at Kate & Jason's

Dress: Ruffled V-Neck Maxi Dress by Anthropologie via Nuuly
Tights: Snag
Shoes: Jeffrey Campbell, thrifted
Earring: etXarte 
Necklace & Bracelet: Vintage
Stats: 5'7" 38-32-42
I love this turquoise & amber combination...& really, just everything about this maxi...especially all the ruffles. The plunging neckline, echoed in the back, was ideal as I was just able to wear a bra without it showing. This dress is lined, with pockets, the fit is tts, & is especially flattering with the wide elastic waist. 
I love a dress with a little something going on in the back...
David found these shoes for me at Retique...they are Jeffrey Campbell & I nearly said no because of the tan heel, but the turquoise snakeskin front was too fun to pass up...& it's a great match for this dress. 
I'm not sure I've ever worn this earring before? Maybe once? I usually wear the matching earring to this set, but I wanted something bigger & longer. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Torch & Lucky; Bud, Rustler, Ghost Town, & Hold 'Em eyeshadow by UD; MAC lipliner in Chicory; Gothica & Pumpkin lipstick from KVD; & ILNP nail polish in Amber. 
Ever since having this Farm Rio sweater dress from Nuuly...I've been obsessed with this colorful leopard print...I asked which of these dresses I should get on Facebook...what do you think? The middle was my favorite, so I got it on the after Christmas sale...then later, the sweater dress went down to $50 (from $200), so I had to get that one too...& honestly, I would have gotten the other one as well had it not been sold out in my size by the time they slashed the price further. 
I first wore this dress to have lunch at Ahan with David...it was our first time at their new (much bigger) location. Wonderful space & the food was tasty, as always. We began with Chèvre Wontons & Pork Dumplings. 
I don't recall what David had, but I ordered my usual, Praram Long Song (fried chicken, broccoli, zucchini, carrots, local mushroom blend, green beans, onions, cauliflower, scallion, cilantro, peanuts, fried garlic, with a side of peanut sauce & jasmine rice). After lunch we took these outfit photos, then I was off to pick up Angie & head to Stoughton. First stop, Vinny's. 
I always find good stuff at this location...I was especially happy with the blue circle fit & flare dress from Leota above...I had that in a few colors in my previous size. Also note the real fur skirt below. Do you have a fur skirt?
At the Stoughton Opera House for the second night in a row...this time to see Squirrel Nut Zippers: Holiday Caravan Tour. 
Boo Bradley was playing in the lounge! Brian & I used to listen to him at farmers' market on Saturdays at the top of State St. in the 90s...we thought he was cute...still is. Squirrel Nut Zippers! Angie & I saw them here last year & they blew us away with fabulousness. This show was good, but not nearly as amazing. We think it's because they were sitting a lot & seemed more formal, so the energy wasn't as high. It was still a fun show. 
What I brought home from Vinny's...
I wore this dress another day...to work & thrift afterwards at Goodwill in Middleton.
And to pick up a few things at Costco...I was very sad to see they no longer carry Fage 5% yogurt, only fat free...yuck...who eats that stuff?! And the final time I wore this dress was to run errands with David, including getting this delicious coffee at Broken Board Coffee...inside a skateboard shop. My favorite thing there (& I will cry when they replace it) is Fat Stacks (espresso with milk, saffron, cardamom, vanilla, rose, & orange). 
Later that evening...we went to Kate & Jason's for a yummy dinner (I *think* I wore this dress, but as there are no photos of me & I'm old *shrug*)...they made...roasted brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes, 2 kinds of mushrooms (King Trumpet & Black King Oyster) with Gigante bean with a vinaigrette, tahini mustard sauce, & roasted pecans. And I got to sample some fancy sparkling water in flavors I hadn't tried before. We gave Kate the jacket we got them in Asheville & it was made for them.
After dinner...we listened to records & chatted...it was a lovely evening. Back at home...we had the last of our Rush Creek Reserve with toasted Cress Springs Cranberry Walnut bread. Dinner first, then a snack. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment