Friday, January 5, 2024

Mint Mark // Asheville: Moog // Royal Peasantry // 12 Bones

Dress: Edge of Silence Floral Aurora Dress by Traffic People
Tights: Snag
Boots: Fluevog, Light: Canopus
Earring: Kerala Rose
Necklace & Bracelet: Vintage
Stats: 5'7" 38-32-42
David & I got this dress at Lela's in Milwaukee...I just thought it was the most gorgeous colors together & that pattern is fabulous...also, it looked good on me. Great fit with the elastic waist & I adore the pleated skirt...somehow pleats feel like a fall thing to me. 
I wish I would have picked a color out of the dress other than black for my tights.
I love these boots so much...
This was the ideal necklace with this dress...
My make-up with this outfit included...NYX eyeliner in Jet Black; Hold 'Em, Bud, Rustler, Ghost Town, & Tex eyeshadow by Urban Decay; NYX lipliner in Pumpkin; Hypnotic Rust lipstick from Make Up For Ever; & OPI nail polish in Deutsch You Want Me Baby?
I first wore this dress almost immediately after getting it, the first week in October. David took my picture & we posed for selfies.
Then we headed to Mint Mark...gotta begin with Sex Biscuits...with all that butter & honey garlic...I feel sorry for anyone who hasn't had this in their mouth. For drinks, David chose the rotating Sangrita on draft (Corralejo silver tequila, ginger, lime, orange, fennel, watermelon, Sriracha) & I got the rotating draft cocktail, which was a Lion's Den (Elijah Craig bourbon, molasses, lemon juice, coconut aquavit, orgeat). Then came BBQ Carrots (local carrot, fermented plum, barley, pepita). David's next cocktail was The G.O.A.T. (MMSB Limousin rye, Lazzaroni amaretto, charred lemon cordial, raspberry shrub, angostura bitters, lemon), while I sipped on a Landfall (Pyrat XO reserve rum, house-made peach liqueur, blackstrap molasses, honey, lime, house-made peach pit bitters). More delicious food...Fried Green Tomatoes (buttermilk, blue cheese, black garlic), Arancini (delicata squash, Austrian pumpkin spice, chèvre, sage pistachio pistu), Agnolotti (caramelized broccoli, ricotta, house made pancetta, balsamic, crispy shallot), & Sugo (butternut squash, ginger snap, feta, cinnamon). I can't recall what David ordered next, but I obviously had a Sky Rocket (Banhez mezcal, passion fruit, savory the herb, dijon, lime, lava salt). Our final savory dish was Croque Monsieur (Mint Mark ham, dijon, mornay, shoestring potatoes). For dessert we enjoyed a Pear (poached red Bartlett pear, house-made yogurt, oats, maple syrup) &...a Skillet Cookie (rye chocolate chip, brown sugar, bourbon ice cream, butterscotch)...why is this SO good?! We shared an Espresso Martini...before heading off to see The 39 Steps. We left at intermission. Even if the play had been good...the highlight of our evening was our spectacular meal at Mint Mark. The second time I wore this dress was while we were in Asheville. After coffee...we drove over to the Moog factory for a tour. We were told the company was bought out earlier in the year & they no longer offer factory tours, but instead, a tour of the equipment in the showroom (which sounded more fun to me anyway). While we waited for that to begin...we played around. This guy gave us an excellent demonstration & history lesson about Bob Moog & the company. Then we walked a few blocks to the Moog museum. We had been so lucky with the beautiful weather, but on our last full day here, it rained. The museum was fun, but not nearly as great as the factory.There was one last vintage clothing store on my list that I still wanted to go to, Posies for Lulu...it was a stunning store...so well curated, but priced accordingly...lots of dresses & coats in the $800-1200 range. It was still wonderful to be able to see these beauties in person...most of them were too tiny for me anyway.I tried on 4 more reasonably prices garments & decided on a purple striped 70s summer dress & David got some yellow shoes & a tie.More coffee on our way to Malaprop's Bookstore...which everyone seems to love. It was alright, but we weren't blown away. We didn't even know Molly Baz had a new cookbook out, but we snatched it up. Walking back to the truck, I had to dash into Anthropologie to check out their sales room...nothing...but I had to take a picture of this sequined top as I have a nearly identical one I picked up a while ago at Retique. I intended on wearing it around the house, but I haven't yet...perhaps I'll take inspiration from this & layer it over a button up shirt & add a skirt...or wear it over a dress. We passed by this store, Royal Peasantry, & the dresses in the window really caught my eye, but I was sick of shopping...luckily, something made me turn back. Oh! These layered asymmetrical faerie dresses that the owner & designer, Daniella, created took my breath away...I told her they were so beautiful they made me tear up. She's been making clothes since she was in high school (I'm guessing she's in her 40s)...for these, she takes lingerie & other second hand clothing & reimagines them, dyes them, & drapes layer upon layer in one of a kind creations. I tried on 5 dresses & couldn't decide on just one, so David told me to pick two. I chose the top right one below, my favorite...And this one, which was David's favorite...Daniella kept them to make a few changes...I am excited to wear these next summer & feel so fortunate that we happened upon this magical shop. And finally, dinner! This location of 12 Bones in the River Arts District closes at 4 (why?!) & we got there just in time (or we would have had to drive to their other location in the suburbs). This place came up in every best of restaurant AND BBQ list I found online, so we really wanted to try it. I have never heard of Cheerwine...it's a cherry flavored soda & a southern thing...I'm not sure why I didn't pour myself a sip...I guess I was too hungry to think of it. We each ordered a full rack of ribs with blueberry chipotle sauce & for my sides I chose corn pudding & Mac & cheese...oh, my goodness! We both agreed these were the best ribs we'd ever had. When can we come back?! We had a little time to kill before our movie, so we dipped into the chocolates & unpacked the clothing we'd bought the day before. Then we went to see Napoleon on opening night at Fine Arts Theatre & ate popcorn, even though they only had vegan butter. We enjoyed the movie & it's always a treat to see a movie in a theatre since we so seldom do it. Another amazing day in Asheville. We were sad to be leaving the next day. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment