Monday, December 4, 2023

Madison Symphony Orchestra: Monumental Moments // Visiting Kate // Thrifting

Dress: Theresa Dress in Trolley Print by Effie's Heart
Cardigan: The Limited 
Tights: Snag
Shoes: Fluevog, Bellevue: Pearl Hart
Earring & Necklace: former Etsy shop
Bracelet: Vintage
Stats: 5'7" 38-32-42
I was wearing this dress in too big a size so often that I decided to get one to fit me. Being a true wrap, it's easy to throw on & you all know how I adore Effie's Heart. 
I wore this dress a handful of times right after getting home from surgery since it's so forgiving & hid the drain I was wearing. These photos were taken over a month after surgery & I've got 3 drains because I had fluid collecting in both my thighs & abdomen. I still have a lot of swelling...but it will soon all be better. I hope. 
Fluevogs from my favorite family, Bellevue, found on Poshmark. 
I didn't put a lot of thought into this outfit as I wasn't feeling pretty & was just happy to have clothes on my body that didn't make the drains too obvious. 
I came home to a glorious explosion of color in Madison...& shoes.
And clothes. I was in Mexico for a week recovering & there were sales. It's always comforting to come home to the food I'm used to...I missed my salmon & veggies. 
Honey nut squash are my favorite...especially with lots of butter & roasted garlic.
My first outing after getting home...the symphony with David. I skipped 2 concerts as I just wasn't feeling up to it, but I felt safer & not as vulnerable with David by my side. I loved the lead violinist's dress. 
David & I went to see a movie at an actual theater...again, it was what I was up to...it was especially luxurious with the cushy recliners...thank you to whoever came up with that idea. More yummy meals at home.
Every once in a while...I have a craving for grilled cheese. A visit with Kate & their friends. They found that mushroom in their yard...& ate it. 
We talked & listened to records...Elizabeth Moen, Banditos, & Buffalo Nichols. I'm always cold...so I cozied up in Kate's fox blanket. And afterwards...a brief trip to the Goodwill by the girlie's house. 
I also popped in to Aniu salon to get some moisturizer.
The next day...a trip to Goodwill by our house after work.
Sunday & Monday are 1/2 price tag days & this particular week was blue, so I scored some deals. 
Sephora was crazy busy, they were having their sale & only 3 people working the whole store...I waited in line to pay for just about an hour. Those 2 Natasha Denona palettes on the ends & the Too Faced Better Than Chocolate palette were all so pretty...but do I need more eyeshadow?
A trip to the west side Vinny's in my after surgery gear & swelling...
At least 1/2 the things I buy second hand still have the tags attached. A few shirts for David too & my annual stock up on Make Up For Ever foundation. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment