Sunday, December 10, 2023

The Merry Wives of Windsor // Midwest Vintage Flea

Dress: Mustard, Red, & Black Vintage Dress
Tights: Snag
Boots: Fluevog, Angels: Lucky
Earring: etXarte
All other jewelry: Vintage
Stats: 5'7" 38-32-42
I love this stretchy vintage dress I found at Elkhorn over the summer...just the right mix of cute & casual, great fit. I rarely try vintage on & just go by measurements...you really can't go by size on vintage as today's vanity sizing makes us all seem smaller than we really are...so all those Marilyn Monroe was a size 14 mean nothing...she would be a modern size 6. 
My shiny red Docs were the wrong shade for this dress (it's a warmer red), but these higher Fluevog boots were perfect. 
And those mustard Snag tights make me happy...
All the gold chains...why not? We found that longer Miriam Haskell necklace at Elkhorn this past summer & this is my first time wearing it.
My make-up with this outfit included...NYX eyeliner in Jet Black, Clinique liquid liner in black, Carnelian & Agate eyeshadow from Natasha Denona, Urban Decay lipliner in 714, Bang & No-Tell Motel lipstick by UD, & OPI nail polish in Art Walk in Suzi's Shoes.
I first wore this dress to our last outdoor APT play of the season...it was too chilly to picnic, so I made us food at home first.
The Merry Wives of Windsor, closing night. 
Kate & Jason. Not only was it closing night for this play, but the final up the hill performance of the year. They had a little party on stage at the end. This was a fantastic play...hilarious, wonderful acting, fabulous energy, & amazing costumes. 
The second time I wore this dress was to the fall Midwest Vintage Flea...so many colors & patterns. This seller was wearing my favorite dress I saw all day...& I told her so. 
That gorgeous orange coat was $800, so it stayed there for someone else...but, orange! This show is always so much fun...one of the dealers asked me if I was a dealer...they said I was giving off that vibe...I hope that's a good thing? I was recently told that a lot of vintage vendors are former (& current) alcoholics & drug addicts. 
Sal's in Sun Prairie for a late lunch/early dinner...I ordered Amelia (vodka, elderflower, blackberry, lime) & David got a Pillar of Autumn (Tattersall sour cherry, rum, Aperol lemon, bitters)...when they came, I remarked that mine looked more autumnal. We both loved the Pillar of Autumn so much, that we each ordered it...& that's when we discovered the waitress had the drinks mixed up in the first place & we had gotten each other's...so much for only having 2 cocktails...she gave us those for free & brought us the correct ones. And then there was food...calamari to start, followed by Rigatoni Bolognese for me (Well's Farm beef ragu, house-made rigatoni pasta, whipped ricotta, parsley)...& for David...
Fat Uncle Tony (Wisconsin mozzarella, red sauce, Italian sausage, bacon, pepperoni, fresh basil) with the addition of uncured pepperoni. It was all delicious, as usual. 
Our finds from the flea...
We bought from a variety of vendors, but we found the most at Everyday Ejiji, & her stuff was incredibly reasonably priced.
As you can see, I have a rule when I buy vintage...PATTERNS!
I normally stay away from red, white, & blue...but this stretchy polyester suit was too good to pass up.
That last shirt with the grapes was a woman's shirt, but fit David...so he was able to get one thing. It seems the popular men's vintage is flannel, jeans, & t-shirt...we wish there were more fun patterned disco shirts. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment