Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Tattoo // The Del McCoury Band // Freight House

Dress: The Somerset Maxi Dress: Velvet Edition by Anthropologie via Nuuly
Shoes: Fluevog, Super Fine: Cardinal
Purse, Necklaces, & Bracelet: Vintage
Earring: etXarte
Stats: 5'7" 38-32-42
The Somerset dress is always easy to wear whatever fabric it comes in...fitted at the waist with tiers & pockets...I adore getting these dresses from Nuuly...I only own 3 because the neckline is not my favorite...if it was a standard v-neck...I'd probably buy them all. The gold velvet is stunning...it reminds me of my wedding dress. This is definitely in the top 3 of the number of compliments I received...people loved this dress on me.
This autumnal background couldn't have been more perfect for this look.
Perhaps I should have worn gold glittery stockings with this...but we took these pictures immediately after my tattoo appointment, & I didn't bring any. I need more gold shoes.
We found 3 different amber necklaces from the same vendor at the very first Midwest Vintage Flea that we went to...here are 2 of them...I think they look lovely together. I believe this is my first time wearing the longer one. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Sephora eyeliner in Matte Black, Golden Nugget & Showgirl eyeshadow by Too Faced, MAC lipliner in Chicory, Bronze Shimmer lipstick from MAC, & A England nail polish in Holy Grail. 
What?! A chance to see *inside* the building we use most often for pictures?!! Yes! I started out this day getting a lymphatic massage with Courtney & dashing into Stalzy's to get a loaf of their rye bread for dinner later. Then...a freehand tattoo appointment with Mar to fill in the gaps on my left lower leg with falling leaves. They got all the leaves placed & some of them colored. 
Less blank areas...
A car wash on my way home to make dinner, Cabbage & Kielbasa with Rye Croutons...before heading to Stoughton...
To see The Del McCoury Band with Kate & Jason. In the lounge before the show, members of Soggy Prairie played a set. 
I think I've seen The McCoury Brothers play, but this was my first time seeing Del...they were fantastic & full of strings.
The next morning, we accidentally? planned? met up at the last outdoor market of the year. Bill, our spinach guy, gave me his hand warmers after I declined them 5 or 6 times...isn't that sooo nice?!
Kate bought me this alligator scarf years ago...he helped keep me warm. David & I bought about 50 pounds of apples from various farmers. Back at home...we finally separated our alliums from our squash & potatoes. I knew they shouldn't be stored together, but I didn't realize what a huge difference it would make. My potatoes used to last maybe 3 days before sprouting, turning green, & going soft...some of these potatoes are still in the drawer & looking great over a month in. Breakfast! And the cheapest most fabulous thing I planned for our trip to Asheville...a reading of an amazing play.
Later that day...we ventured inside the warehouse that we used for these outfit photos. The guy that rents this part sells antiques...mostly midcentury modern. I LOVED this liquor cabinet...note that that top bit recesses back as you open the door. If our wreck room was done...I would have lobbied hard for this piece...but we are already storing too many things. 
A reproduction Penny-Farthing...lime & pink swivel couch...It was fun to look around & finally see inside this fabulous warehouse. 
He had real candles burning on the steps...I was a bit afraid I might start my dress on fire. The window I'm standing by is the same window I'm standing in front of in these outfit photos. 
Back at home...we made a meal of roasted potatoes & ribeye. I changed shoes to go to the organ concert with David. Ken Cowen played the Overture's concert organ...it was great. They do an organ series every year & I've only gone to one other & this is David's first time. 
The final time I wore this dress was to travel to Paducah, Kentucky...it was roughly half way to Asheville, so I booked us an Airbnb & made reservations at Sara Bradley's (Top Chef season 16 & 20) restaurant, freight house. We started out with cocktails, for me, a French Kiss (Mirabeau rose gin, genepy des ales, Peychauds bitters, absinthe spritz, lemon) & David chose a Lord Baelish (Jim Beam bourbon, balsamic, basil, ginger beer). 
Sara's menu had everything I adore in a restaurant...an ever changing creative menu based on what's in season.
Spot Sara (she's talking to another table behind David & then with the bartender)...she delivered some food to us & chatted for a minute...I didn't want to bother her with taking her picture...so I just took candids. Our waiter, John, was outstanding...he paced things just right & was a delight to talk with. Our first food...Pumpkin Bisque (coconut, ginger, sesame, curried yogurt) & Deviled Eggs (caramelized onion). 
Pork Rinds (with honey thyme aioli), Baby Back Ribs (pecan pork, brown butter streusel, chocolate buttermilk), & Pork Belly Tostada (cabbage & apple slaw, horseradish aioli, stout bbq sauce). 
Round 2 of drinks: David had an Owen's Island (Rittenhouse rye, Carpano Antica, Luxardo cherry, orange oil) & I picked a Snake in the Grass (Teremana Reposado, Lucid absinthe, naranja, Carpano Antica, fresh sour). But wait! There's more...Bacon Fat Cornbread (we were so sure we'd love it, we ordered 2...it was the only disappointing thing all evening), Roasted Cauliflower...as seen on Instagram (radicchio, dates, curry spices, pomegranate molasses, smoked cashews)...we'd added grilled shrimp & they forgot to bring it, so Sara delivered it herself. And finally...dessert...we shared a Chocolate Fudge Cake (flourless chocolate cake, orange butter cream, cranberry mulled wine glaze) & a Sweet Pea Cake...as seen on Top Chef (buttermilk pudding, lemon curd, pistachios). This dinner was full of wonder & joy...Sara is a master of combining sweet & savory in every dish & we couldn't get enough. We so thoroughly enjoyed it, we immediately made another reservation for the night we were driving back home. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment