Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Mint Mark // Clyde's // Fireside Collective

Deep Water Paisley Velvet Dress by Coldwater Creek, thrifted
Tights: Snag
Shoes: Chie Mihara 
Purse: Mohop
Glasses: Francis Klein
Necklace & Earrings: Heidi Daus via Ebay
Bracelets: Vintage
Stats: 5'7" 38-32-42
The colors, pattern, & fabric of this dress are just gorgeous. The fit is a bit relaxed, I would like it better in a size down...perhaps I can take it in a bit. Velvet is my favorite thing about the cold months. 
I found this frock at Vinny's in Waunakee a few months back...I nearly didn't get it because it was a medium & I need a small in this brand...but I couldn't leave without this beauty. Coldwater Creek was not on my clothing radar...aren't they a mall store? Both dresses I've gotten while thrifting are quite pretty.
This is what I actually looked like while wearing this dress. I take off my glasses for photos so my make-up is more visible & glare off glasses happens quite frequently. 
Aren't these shoes spectacular?! I found them last year on Poshmark & this is my first time wearing them.
I think this also might by my first time wearing this necklace...maybe second? 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Mildew & Loaded; Big Sky, Double Life, & Blaze eyeshadow from UD; MAC lipliner in Chicory; Gothica lipstick by KVD; & China Glaze nail polish in Agro. 
The first time I wore this dress was to a doctor's appointment & work...not too exciting...however...I met David after work for dinner & drinks at Mint Mark. We began with cocktails...for David, Chai Standards (Plantation 3 star rum, Vecchio Amaro del Capo, vanilla chai tea, sarsaparilla syrup, lime, orange, pebble ice) & he ordered & had waiting for me a Pumpkin Spice Barbie (Death's Door gin, Apologue saffron liqueur, toasted pepita orgeat, sage syrup, lemon, egg white). Then the food started rolling in...SEX BISQUITS! All that butter & honey garlic *swoon*, followed by Rillettes (pork confit, portwine grape jelly, pickled pearl onion). 
Brussels Sprouts (Epice des Levres, bleu cheese, pickled red onion, Sam's hot sauce) & Smoked Pork Ragu (creamy polenta, Sarvecchio, sunny side egg). For our second round of cocktails, David chose Suze Storm (Banhez mezcal, Suze aperitif, grapefruit, fennel syrup, lime, sparkling rosé float) & I picked When Are You Moving? (MMSB Limousin rye, Laird's applejack, house-made apple lemongrass cordial, honey, lemon, five spice sugar rim).
And more food...Pate Maison (Berkshire hog, chicken liver, rum, bacon, toast, mustard, pickles), Ravioli (local carrot, ricotta, brown butter, pistachio, sage pistu), & Deviled Eggs (gochujang, creme fraiche, chili crisp). And for dessert...we shared an on draft nitro Espresso Martini (State Line vodka & Kin-Kin coffee liqueur, nardini, Giffard orgeat, espresso, Regan's orange bitters). 
& a Skillet Cookie (rye chocolate chip, brown sugar bourbon ice cream, butterscotch)...this comes to the table bubbling & is ridiculously delicious. We had just enough time to drop one of our vehicles off at home & head downtown to see Clyde's at Forward Theatre. 
Look who sat right next to us!!! Sarah Day, one of the core actors at APT...she was just as nice as she seems. She thanked us for supporting the arts & we talked about restaurants in Madison & Greek tragedies. I wore this dress again the next day. Getting testosterone pellets inserted in my backside, followed by these pictures, & home to make dinner. I never get tired of this meal...pan fried salmon with toasted garlic & charred salt & vinegar cabbage (which includes a bunch of roasted garlic). 
After dinner...I drove off to Stoughton to try clothes on at Vinny's...
before heading over to the Opera House to see Fireside Collective. Sharin' Barrels was playing in the lounge before the show...they always book great bands there. 
Front row...I just saw these guys back in February...they're fantastic live...note: no drums, all strings. At intermission I bought vinyl & since they're from Asheville, I asked what should be on our must see/do list on our vacation the following week. They told me their favorite breweries...which does me no good at all...but, nice guys. 
My Stoughton Vinny's haul, including 2 really nice shirts for David from London, which I looked up...$10 for a $160 shirt...I love getting deals. Our Burlap & Barrel Spice Club box...& 2 cheese vaults. 
Fireside Collective vinyl & 2 pairs of shoes from Poshmark...Fluevog & Chie. I also got a package from the NYC Fluevog store with some socks as an apology for not sending me the right label to exchange some shoes...so sweet. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment