Thursday, November 30, 2023

The Gibson Brothers // Eric Ripert // Mexico Surgery Round 3

Dress: The Sigrid Dress in Citron by Effie's Heart
Sandals: Dansko
Earring: etXarte
Necklace & Bracelet: Vintage
Stats: 5'7" 38-32-42
I love oranges & Effie's Heart, so of course I had to have this dress when I saw it at Lela in Milwaukee. Great fit with pockets. 
I love having my legs covered in tattoos so I no longer feel I need to wear teggings to cover up my scars...they're still there, but not as noticeable. 
I could have never predicted how often I'd wear this necklace.
My make-up with this outfit included...NYX eyeliner in Jet Black, Flamepoint eyeshadow from Sugarpill Cosmetics, Natasha Denona eyeshadow in Monroe, NYX lipliner in Pumpkin, So Chaud lipstick by MAC, & ILNP nail polish in Atomic Sherbet. 
I first wore this dress to have a lymphatic massage from Courtney, make dinner, then head off to Stoughton...first stop, Vinny's... 
Then over to the Opera House to see The Gibson Brothers, my second time. 
2 of the members of Soggy Prairie were playing in the lounge before the show...I need to go see them sometime with the whole band. The Gibson Brothers were marvelous. 
What came home with me from Stoughton Vinny's.
The second time I wore this dress was to work & to go to the main library to see Eric Ripert speak...& we all got a free copy of his new cookbook. 
Eric Ripert was exactly the warm genuine person I thought he would be...charming & funny. I nearly didn't go because I was flying out early the next morning, but I'm glad I did. I came home to these Fluevogs I bought on Poshmark...& the incredibly kind woman sent along a black lace vintage dress that fit me perfectly...how nice is that?! What a lovely surprise. My last few days in Mexico recovering at the hotel were uneventful. 
I had my post-op meeting with Dr. Galvez (I briefly saw Dr. Sanchez too & he thanked me for the gifts, but I never manage to get a photo with him)...he's so sweet...he always posts something on his Instagram saying thank you. Round 3 finished...unfortunately, I'm going to need to come back again. I have lipoedema in my thighs & it's difficult to treat. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment