Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Final Elkhorn // Los Tres Hermanos // American Rhapsody // Lucille

Dress: Elizabeth Dress in Floral Bouquet by Cherry Velvet
Sandals: Fluevog, Operetta: Renee
All Jewelry: Wendy Baker
Stats: 5'7" 38-32-42
Cherry Velvet dresses are the ideal summer frock...quilting cotton fit & flare with pockets. The fit & length are great. I used to have this dress in a 3x, then Kate generously gave me her medium so I am reunited with this beauty. 
I wanted to wear these Fluevog sandals one more time before hiding my feet away for the winter. 
I felt like a Cherry Velvet model in this outfit (they always have their models in Fluevogs...both Canadian companies).
Wendy Baker floral jewelry is the ideal accompaniment...
I wore this dress on a fun-filled Sunday in September. First, we drove to Elkhorn for the final antique flea market of the season. Our first find...that brass surround. 
Orange bookends, purple necklace, & milk container all came home with us. I have a bookend art project that I'm collecting these for, & we'll use that metal container for dog water outside. 
May 1970 Playboy...the year & month I was born...for $1, it had to be mine. A collection of jewelry from a vendor we like...so far, I've only worn the gold multi-chain Haskell. Three Little Birds Vintage...this woman's first show was the month before...SO happy we found her as she has wonderful things at fabulous prices. 
Grape metal brackets for our pergola. Pumpkins for our porch. 
Traditional after market lunch at Los Tres Hermanos...where we shared a mango margarita. 
And I ordered something different...mixed fajitas (David got the same). Back at home...we didn't even have time to unload the truck before we had to scurry off to the symphony...where the theme was American Rhapsody. 
Their guest pianist, Terrence Wilson, was extraordinary. Look how tired we look...up at 4:30 to be in line before 7am. 
Afterwards...cocktails outside at Lucille on a perfect fall day. One of these drinks was not my favorite, so David sent it back & had them make me something else. 
What a wonderful day...I'm always about a month behind blogging...& it's nice to relive these marvelous moments. 
Back at home...we took a nap & unpacked the truck...& immediately put this little crate to use holding our dried peppers. 
This thing was too pretty to pass up...a candle holder? We'll find a use for it. A lovely lamp that we'll get a new shade for. A swag lamp to add to our wreck room collection.
2 mirrored trays for my jewelry room (they are currently holding bracelets)...& the jewelry I found, plus some orange gloves. 
Miss May 1970...where is she now? Probably somebody's great grandma. Green wool coat...we got it for a steal when I pointed out the lining was ripped in the sleeve...it is otherwise in perfect shape. Until next year, Elkhorn! You're always a good time. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment