Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Tattoo // Brian Visits Madison: Kayaking // Seasaw // Ahan // The Tillers

Dress: Somerset Maxi Dress by Anthropologie (size M) via Nuuly
Sandals: Born via Poshmark
Necklace & Earrings: Colleen Toland
Bracelets: Vintage
Stats: 5'7" 38-32-42
These Somerset dresses are always a hit...great fit & shape...excellent maxi length, useful pockets, & a hook to keep the neckline closed. This came to me with the tag still on, so the cotton was crisp. I love a print on a black background & especially liked all the greens...which stood out more to me than the flowers. This is an ideal spring through autumn dress...you could wear this casual maxi anywhere & look cute. 
I often use bangles to highlight all my favorite colors in the dress...which is why you don't see any white or pink...
There is a lot of fabric to this dress...& little ruffles to make layers. 
I wore this outfit with both black flower heels, as well as olive floral flats.
I was tempted to go all black with my jewelry...but decided on green instead...
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Mildew; Mildew, Golden, & Honey eyeshadow from UD; UD lipliner in 714; No-Tell Motel lipstick by UD; & Colors by Llarowe nail polish in The Mighty Red Baron. 
I first wore this dress to have a lymphatic massage with the lovely Courtney, then on to Red Clover where Bear finished up my merhorse tattoo...isn't she gorgeous?! 
So much beauty that I never get to see...
Red Clover has a new space...it's not as warm & comforting as their previous spot (old building with wood floors & lots of natural light), but it gives them a lot more room. My near daily carwash photo that I send to David. It's our thing. And then off to Troy Gardens for Thursday market...I love having them in our neighborhood. This was back in August, so I had a ton of bruising from surgery. 
I also wore this dress on Brian's last full day in Madison back in September. But first! Early morning kayaking...my very first time! I've been wanting to try it for the last few years, but can never find the time. Kate & Jason have a foldable kayak that they had to prepare for the water...Jason used that...the rest of us rented boats.
Labor Day weekend had temps in the 90s, so we went early to beat the heat. I love water so much! How have I not done this before?! It's my new favorite thing. 
After paddling around on Lake Mendota...Brian & I stopped at the Northside Sunday market for flowers...& he collected some veggies to bring home. I'm wearing this Coolibar dress that I thrifted...it's got UPF 50+ sun protection in the fabric. 
After market, we got ready for the day & headed down to the capitol to see Seasaw. They were playing Taste of Madison...but we ignored the below average food & just went for these girls & their marvelous music. I LOVE that they have a band now. We bopped along to their tunes & enjoyed people watching. 
Since I had dragged poor Brian along for thrifting the day before...we did something he wanted...shopping at Marshalls. Check out this amazing shuffleboard outfit...I had to get it. 
I also picked up these pants & this green clearance dress. This orange frock was a gorgeous color, but too plain. And even though $40 was a bargain, I'm used to thrift store prices. Speaking of...I forgot to take a photo of these Born sandals from Vinny's the day before. I took a video of me dancing in the fitting room...it's important to be silly & have fun.
Dinner time! Did I starve Brian all day?! I don't recall. Oh! He had pizza from Sal's that he brought home the night before. Oh, good. Ahan from our front row seat at Bur Oak. 
This was my last meal here...Ahan moved into a larger spot, which is good for them...but I will miss the combination of fabulous food with my marvelous music. Bur Oak seems to have partnered with Beef Butter BBQ...which is another local place, but I don't like their food...plus, you have to order ahead & I'm not a planner. Brian & I devoured some Chèvre Wontons & Summer Rolls (which taste like a walk through farmers' market). I got my usual, Praram Long Song (fried chicken with all the in season veggies) & Brian ordered Red Curry Udon...those noodles are outstanding. 
Brandy Old-Fashioned for me & a Whiskey Old-Fashioned for Brian...he had them add something though...Frangelico? It was tasty.  There was a guy at this show that had also been at Cafe Carpe on Friday...he was surprised this was our first time seeing this band. 
I'd never heard of this band before, The Tillers...they were only on my radar because I was making a list of things to do while Brian was visiting. They have a quote from JD Wilkes (of the Shack Shakers) on the front page of their website..."Like no other group I've ever heard of, The Tillers are able to break your heart with an intangible, timeless pain. Combined they harmonize like the Celestial Monochorde of old, awakening once again the ancient muses to strum the heartstrings of man..." These guys were on fire...I will definitely see them every time they come around. Look at all those strings!!! 
After the show...we headed downtown to continue enjoying the beautiful evening with a nightcap from Lucille. I miss Brian! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment