Friday, October 27, 2023

Our Town // Joshua Hedley

Dress: Desired Dress in Picnic Print by Effie's Heart
Shoes: Born, thrifted
Necklace: Wendy Baker
Earrings & Bracelets: Vintage
Stats: 5'7" 38-32-42
Kitschy fun. I go on a lot of picnics in the warmer months...so when I saw this dress on Effie's Heart...I had to have it. This is a size small, I'm typically a medium, but EH is so stretchy that anywhere in the S-L range is just fine. This is the only dress I've ever had in this style...I like it...wide spaced straps could stay on or off the shoulder, folded over at the sweetheart bust line, great flared skirt, pockets.  
It was a rainy day in Spring Green, so the light was difficult...we headed to The Shitty Barn even though there was a show...it was early enough that it wasn't crowded. 
I feel like I needed a pie to hold with this dress.
This was my first time wearing these sandals I thrifted.
I adore how these big round earrings go with this Wendy bubble necklace...
My make-up with this outfit included...NYX eyeliner in Jet Black, Huda Beauty Ruby Obsessions eyeshadow palette, 714 lipliner from Urban Decay, Head in the Clouds lipstick by MAC, & Colors by Llarowe nail polish in The Mighty Red Baron. 
I first wore this dress to go to American Players Theatre with David...where I made us a picnic. We tried to go to Wander Provisions, but we were having some terrible luck finding them open. 
We set up our dinner under the shelter so we didn't get rained on...
I made us my version of Alison Roman's Cobb Salad (just lots of extra veggies). It was delicious. Oh, no...2 intermissions means double our chances of leaving. We didn't though...they did an excellent version of Our Town at APT...& the last 3rd is the best part. Corset detailing on the back of my Betsey Johnson leopard raincoat. 
We only got lightly sprinkled on during the show...
The next morning...farmers' market...where a vendor was selling Chinese Lantern bunches...I had just thrown mine away from ~decade ago. And David buying me real flowers. 
Cardoon (they have an artichoke-like flavor). Back at home...
The second time I wore this dress was to go to The Shitty Barn...but first, dinner. I roasted a pan of the veggies we had in the fridge & served them with Kimchi Shrimp. 
At the barn for my final show of the season...these Wander Provision chocolate chip cookies are my favorite...I could have eaten the entire tray. 
I was excited to see Joshua Hedley...from the front row, naturally. 
He played old fashioned country music & was a good storyteller. He lives in Nashville & has been working at Robert's for 20 years. All day long their stage has musicians on it & they play classic country favorites. My mom & I went there the first time I went to Nashville. This was an excellent closing show for me. See you next year, barn!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment