Monday, October 16, 2023

Elizabeth Moen // Thrifting

Dress: Keyhole Dress in Lime by Lands End (size M)
Sandals: Dansko
All Jewelry: Vintage
5'7" 38-32-42

I first wore this dress (below) back in 2014 when I got it from Gwynnie Bee. I was lucky to find this & the matching cardigan on Poshmark in my size. It's such a cute summer dress. Great fit & length...easy to throw on.

I will always appreciate companies that make their clothing in a wide variety of sizes...because everyone deserves to have choices.

I think I liked the way I styled it here better...although that Wendy bubble jewelry was also a good choice. 
This was my first time wearing this necklace/earring set we picked up at Elkhorn. I like the turquoise element they & my accessories bring to the outfit.
I first wore this dress back in August to work & to pick up these hats my haberdasher made for me. Aren't they lovely? Then, of course, after work thrifting.
I didn't find much that day. Back at home...admiring my sun hats.
Our subscription box from Burlap & Barrel...I'm so glad David discovered them...their spices are better than Penzey's. And, oh my! New to me shoes! A reason to look forward to the colder months when my toes get covered up.
Another day wearing this dress...testing my testosterone levels. And then on to a fun appointment...a consultation with Mar. I want them to free hand falling leaves on the free areas of my left calf & cute paisley patterns on my right. 
Red Clover is right across from where they make Level 5 doughnuts & on this day, there was a table filled with doughnuts with a sign that said free...this was butter cookie. It was fine...but I don't get what people are raving about. Dinner before doughnut...the usual. Then it was on to a lymphatic massage on my way to...
The Shitty Barn! Elizabeth Moen was not someone I'd heard of until the barn booked her. It was a slightly chilly day in September, so here I am wearing the matching cardigan over the dress.
Even though I'd eaten dinner...I couldn't resist trying one of their hand pies...this was pork & cabbage...& of course, one of their delightful butter chocolate chip cookies...all eaten by the fire.
Elizabeth Moen & her band were fabulous...I sit so close I had to take a weird zoomed out photo to fit them all in. I came home with signed vinyl...it was a good night. 
Back at home...my Ulta order with 9 eyebrow pencils arrived...they were having a buy 2 get 1 free sale...I'll probably use these up by the end of the year. Another day in this dress...I fetched Kate & we drove down to Chicago for the weekend.
I also wore this a final time on our drive home on Monday...where after dropping Kate off...I immediately went to work for my first appointment at noon. Then...I hit up at Goodwill on my way home.

 This was the east side one, it had been several months since I'd been there...so there were a lot of things to try on. A jean jacket?! Who am I ???I have a fantasy life where I wear suit coats to work...perhaps that's what I'll do during these autumn/winter months...I'm always cold. Why didn't I get that earth toned paisley sweater?! It must have been pilled or had a hole. Back at home...this multi colored leopard print dress arrived from Poshmark...someone either in the Flumunity or COTD posted an outfit wearing this dress...& I needed it.And shoes...Fluevogs were also waiting for me, found on the Fluemarket. I am always grateful when someone lets their beauties go to new homes. So, I got that jean jacket I tried on above...it was a made in the USA brand I'd never heard of, AG...I looked it up & they still have this same jacket available on their website...for $215.  I paid $6...also, 4 of the things I got were 1/2 off during their tag sale.What I got...& 2 shirts for David.After popping the tags off & getting a load of laundry going...I headed out for a sunset walk. We had walked 5 miles every day we were in Chicago...& it felt good...it's just so time consuming.


No comments:

Post a Comment