Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Shovels & Rope

Dress: Alanna Maxi Dress by Anthropologie (size 1x) via Nuuly
Cardigan: Croft & Barrow, thrifted
Shoes: Franco Sarto
Earring: Kerala Rose
Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 43-41-57
This dress was my vintage 60s fantasy come true...the substantial textured fabric combined with the stunning pattern made me not care a bit if there was no shape to this maxi...nothing a cardigan can't fix. It ran a bit large, but had pockets, & was the ideal length.

Kind of a tent without something to give it shape...but so pretty. This would be a lovely dress to walk the beach in on vacation as a coverup to your bathing suit.
Even though purple is traditionally a cool color, I still think it looks flattering against my warm red hair.
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in VooDoo, UD Ultraviolet palette, Grape lipliner by MAC, UD Vice liquid lipstick in Flashback, POP nail polish. 
My November Boxy Charm had a Violet Voss palate that I adore. Doggies being cute. A delicious dinner of Buttery Kimchi Shrimp & Roasted Cauliflower with Bacon, Olives, & Crisp Parmesan (both NYT recipes). 
I wore this dress to see Shovels & Rope at The Stoughton Opera House back in November. They had *everything* they'd ever released available on vinyl...I had to narrow down my selection to just 4. I loved the pianos as a bar. I have a piano we are going to convert into a liquor cabinet. Someday. 
I discovered this band thanks to Spotify recommending them to me...I think. Carry Me Home was in my top 10 played songs of 2020. They were fantastic live...& they learned how to play the accordion last year. That's SO much better than making bread. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment