Sunday, December 19, 2021

Heritage & The Honey Pies

Dress: Katrina Maxi Dress by Anthropologie (size 2x) via Nuuly
Cardigan: ?, thrifted
Shoes: Fidji
Earring: etXarte
Necklace: Heidi Daus via Ebay
Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 43-41-57
This maxi was slightly too long on me (& ran large), so I wore a small heel. This dress had a free form shape, but I gave it some definition with a tied cardigan. I felt utterly sexy in this outfit as my shoulders peeked out seductively. 
I adore ivy growing on a wall...even better when the leaves have turned colors. 
It always makes me happy to wear my favorite color, orange...the color of fun.
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in LSD; Turkish Delight, Angelic, & Nefertiti eyeshadow by UD; Pumpkin lipliner by NYX; MAC lipliner in Chicory; Sugarpill Cosmetics lipstick in Treat; Lipslick nail polish from POP. 
David & I went out to dinner at our most cherished restaurant, Heritage Tavern. We learned just days before that our favorite person there, Austin, had died unexpectedly. He was always such a joy to chat with & he was someone I had known since the 90s...he is going to be sadly missed by a lot of people. 

David's first drink, something new & our favorite drink of the evening, Bellini Sfumato (Tito's vodka, Sfumato amaro, creme de peche, sage syrup, Jamaican #1 bitters, lemon juice, cava). I began, as always, with a Love Drunk Punch (gin, aperol, Framboise, lime & grapefruit juices, rosemary, & cava).In other predictable news...we started with deviled eggs...although we ordered 12...they only gave us 6...then brought us another plate with 5...& finally, with 1 more...we got it up to a dozen. Counting is hard. Next up, we shared a bowl of lobster soup (roasted heirloom butternut squash, onions, garlic, carrots, squash & chicken stock, butter, lobster, pepitas, & pea shoots), which was our most loved dish of the evening. Funny fact: David urged me to get this soup as it sounded perfect for me, but I found out later he heard the price as $60 instead of $16 & thought that seemed reasonable. He spoils me. David's second cocktail, the Taverna Nacionale (Plantation 3 Stars rum, Smith & Cross rum, Korbel brandy, curaçao, Demerara syrup, lime, pineapple, Angostura bitters).I ordered my own Bellini Sfumato...soooo good & just the right amount of smokey. For the final drink of the night, David chose a Tepache Rum Punch (El Dorado 8 year rum, honey syrup, cherry bark vanilla bitters, lime juice, house made Tepache). I love all the piggy plates. For our last & largest course, we shared Char Siu Pork Shoulder & Tuna (Bibb lettuce cups, ssamjang, sashimi tuna, caramelized market vegetables {broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, & mushrooms}, ginger soy reduction sauce). We finished dinner early enough that I made the last minute decision to drive to Spring Green to see The Honey Pies play at Slowpoke. Anyone who has been to a concert with me will be shocked to know I walked in at 7:30 for a 7:30 show...AND didn't sit front & center. It was so good & I'm glad I went. Anytime I see an upright bass & a banjo (& no drums)...I'm likely to be pleased. This entire evening was marvelous. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment