Thursday, December 16, 2021

Autumn Drive

Dress: Floral Maxi Dress by Conditions Apply (size 2x) via Nuuly
Cardigan: Norton Woman Studio (size 3x), thrifted
Shoes: Mudd, thrifted
Necklace & Bracelet: Wendy Baker
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 43-41-57
This was my first dress from this brand, Conditions Apply, which is made in a company-owned fair-practice factory in India. It's all cotton & would be a great dress spring through fall. It was a bit big on me, my fault. I loved the cutout back, although it was too chilly on this day to show it off...also, these brands are used to making clothing for small women who can go without a bra...so, even if the weather had been warmer, I couldn't have shown off the back as it was open to the waist. I adored the warm brown background & I brought out the moss green in the dress with my cardigan & shoes. 
I love the fullness & tiers of these prairie dresses, but am not as enamored with the puffy sleeves...so I liked this dress better with those covered up.
A bit of the back peeking out...
This was a good color palette on me...
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Mildew, Huda Beauty Coral Obsessions palette, Mildew eyeshadow by UD, Bite Beauty lipliner in 72, Big Bang lipstick from UD, Clockwork lipstick by Sugarpill Cosmetics, & A-England nail polish in Dragon. 
On Halloween (yes, that's how far behind I am), David & I decided to take a Sunday autumnal drive...sadly, we were a bit too late & everything was muted. 
So after striking out on colors, we decided to have lunch in Mt. Horeb at The Grumpy Troll...cheese curds & a rueben with tater tots for me...it was all overly salted & just alright at best. Our lovely leisurely day was a bit of a strike out. But! 
Then we drove by this house with a bunch of amazing metal sculptures in the yard & stopped to check it out...
Center Ground Studios! We had met the artist at Art Fair on the Square back in 2019 & loved his work & wanted to visit his studio...& there we were.
No one was there, but we enjoyed wandering around the yard. It was an outdoor art museum. And the best part of our adventuring. 
Also, the most brilliant tree is the one we see outside our window in our neighbor's yard every day. Old school goth on Halloween...& an order from Snag that included holiday appropriate tights. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment