Monday, December 27, 2021

Carsie Blanton at Thrasher Opera House

Skirt: Tea Time Skirt by Eva Rose (size 1x) via Gwynnie Bee
Blouse: ?, thrifted
Tights: Snag
Shoes: Bongo, thrifted
Earring: etXarte
Necklace: Wendy Baker
Bracelets: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 43-41-57
Looking at these pictures...I don't love this outfit...it needs something to pull it together. Also, the blouse & bra were huge on me, which didn't help. The skirt fit well, had pockets, but was perhaps a bit short. I prefer Eva Rose dresses to their skirts...or just overall like dresses better. 
I did like the bubble/dot theme I had going on throughout the outfit...the necklace, top, bracelet, & shoes.
I think I need to get Wendy to make me a coordinating earring for this necklace...I never have anything quite right to wear with it. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Abyss; Cotton Candy, Totally Fetch, Sprinkles, & Satin Sheets eyeshadow from Too Faced; NYX lipliner in Fuchsia; Fuchsia Fusion lipstick by NYX; & OPI nail polish in I Sea You Wear OPI. 
I had to replenish my nighttime moisturizer, so I went to the place I used to get facials...back in the before times. A little trip to Ulta & the co-op. 
I love Brussels sprouts SO much...I've had them nearly every day for the past 3 months. Erika came to clean our house...it was even more amazing than I thought it would be. She washed our windows. Angie gave us 2 jars of garlic confit...yum. I've been making the most fabulous recipes from NYT...including this dinner, salmon with fennel & pistachios, along with Brussels with pecans & pomegranate. 
My tiny Ulta haul. For the first time in decades...I did not qualify for any special privileges at either Ulta or Sephora. I usually spend over $1000 a year at each store. I decided I didn't need any more make-up (other than to replace things I run out of) this year, & it was not even difficult to stick to that. Kate, Jason, & I traveled to Green Lake, WI to Thrasher Opera House to see Carsie Blanton. 
There was a room with an art exhibit that we wandered through. Sitting in the front row...these chairs were extra cushy. 
Me & the girlie. Carsie's friend, Milton, opened the show. I had watched him live online a few times during the pandemic...playing with Carsie's band. 
Carsie! In person! I will never take live music for granted ever again. She was marvelous & I loved her leopard fishnets (let me tell you about ADHD...I constantly get distracted while writing here...just now, I went to Amazon & added some cheetah print fishnets to my wishlist so I don't forget to buy some. That only happens ~a dozen times every hour no matter what I'm doing).
One couple got up & walked out...her song lyrics do not hide that she has opinions, including political...not sure how you miss that?! It was a lovely evening & Carsie liked my outfit. And when I went to bed that night, I noticed Erika made my Kleenex box cute. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment