Sunday, June 28, 2020

Make Music Madison...The 1st Day of Summer


Dress: Lady Bug Print Navy Fit & Flare Dress by Unique Vintage (size 4x) via Gwynnie Bee
Teggings: Re/Dress
Sandals: Born
Earring: former Etsy shop
Necklace: Wendy Baker
Bracelets: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I'm a sucker for cutesy dresses, even though it wasn't easy to tell these were ladybugs unless you were up close. The fit was good, but the length was a bit short. Nice vibrant colors...super easy & comfortable summer dress. 
I guess this is my early 4th of July ensemble...red, white, & blue represent. 
This is my first time wearing this red bubble necklace since Wendy fixed it for me earlier this year. I've missed it, but it was good to push myself to choose other necklaces.
My make-up with this outfit included...NYX eyeliner in Deep Blue, Urban Decay eyeshadow in Half Baked & Urb, Huda Beauty Ruby Obsessions palette, Santa Sangre lipstick from Kat von D, & A Kiss on the Chic nail polish by OPI. 
The Lowest Pair...I just love them. And a Juneteenth message from Stacey Abrams...& some music on that day from Béla Fleck & Abigail Washburn...& Sean Hayes dedicated his radio hour to doing covers of black musicians who've inspired him. 
My hair is looking so raggedy...I chopped at it a bit again...but it's not really helping. Pick up from farmers' on Saturdays look like this...first stop, Young Earth at the park & ride...then on to Dane County market. I really miss walking around...looking at all the beautiful produce...but this is what my knee is up to this year anyway. At the 2 week mark for my knee shot...it feels *slightly* better...as in I don't have to cry out in pain quite as much...so that's a good sign? Amanda Palmer picked the best place in the world to get stuck during quarantine...she's living life in Covid-free New Zealand...playing & singing at a local farmers' market. Seeing all the people in a group watching her, without the need for masks...gave me hope. And made me hate our country. 
Apparently, Old Crow Medicine Show has been doing a weekly Hartland Hootenanny during the entire quarantine...I happened to catch it on the week they had JD Wilkes as their guest, yay! BLT wraps with green onions for lunch...delicious. Every year on the first day of summer...Make Music Madison happens...all over the city, musicians play...outside, at venues, in your backyard...I watched several of them.
I was also fortunate to be online at the exact time that Mary Lou Lord decided to go live...she will often pop on & do just one song...so it's easy to miss. And she doesn't keep the video up for later viewing. Pokey! His music is amazing & I try to always catch him when he plays. 
I was at home doing teletherapy when David went over to Kate's old apartment to help relocate her 1,000+ bottles of wine to our bomb shelter...which David is now calling the bomb cellar. This is part of her collection...
They loaded up the big truck 3 times...& there is still more to go. Socially distanced wine moving...I never even got to see Kate. 
But! We did open a bottle of her wine that night to drink before dinner...it was lovely. Soren from Them Coulee Boys was playing on an online show...& I had a listen. Also, Davina & the Vagabonds played a show together in Minneapolis...I missed it live, but caught it later when they replayed it. Fantastic! I know I've said it before...but music is the only thing keeping me sane right now. I've been feeling pretty depressed lately & I've been trying to pull myself out of it...but I just miss life. But there's still music. 

No comments:

Post a Comment