Thursday, June 4, 2020

A Girlie Visit!

 Dress: Polka Dot Detail Floral Fit & Flare Dress by Every Body Every Wear (size 4x) via Gwynnie Bee
Teggings: Re/Dress
Sandals: Born
All Jewelry: Colleen Toland
Photography: Super Boo, Kate, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
What's not to love about a mixed pattern dress?! Floral & polka dots play well together in this cute dress. The fit was okay, a bit big on top for me...which is often the case since I'm pear shaped AND it's expected that a person of my size would have much bigger boobs. Pretty warm weather frock.
A party of polka dots on the back...I wish this dress would have had a waist band of dots in front. 
This is the day I decided...I need to chop away at the right side of my bangs...
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Mars, Huda Beauty Ruby Obsessions & Amethyst Obsessions eyeshadow palettes, Spiced Plum lipstick by Bite Beauty, NYX Simply Vamp lipstick in Temptress, & OPI nail polish in Do You Have This Color in Stockholm?
I wore this dress to do teletherapy & some of the things pictured below. Sean Hayes, coming to us live every Friday night from a different area of his home. And a musician I discovered when Sean did a shout out to him...Rob Reich. It took a bit of sleuthing to find him as it sounded like Rob Wright...I finally had to look at Sean's liner notes for various albums until I found this guy credited for playing accordion. My Juki serger! It's been sitting in a box for over a month...unopened because threading 4 spools of thread was extremely intimidating. 
Carsie Blanton! I love her SO much...I am forever grateful to High Noon Saloon for advertising the heck out of her show in Madison last year or the year before? I finally broke down & listened...to be honest...she's adorable too, so that was probably the final push I needed. And I bought a ticket to that show & my admiration for her has only grown...check out their matching USPS shirts. Double doggies...watching David eat breakfast outside my office while I ate inside. I had gone to farmers' market to pick up our produce & used a super stinky disinfectant wipe on everything when I got home...& this room smelled too much for David to eat in here with me. 
It had been about 3! months since I'd seen Kate in person. She & Jason came over last Saturday & we socially distanced visited on our front porch. It was wonderful to see her, but so odd not to be able to hug her or sit close. 
Garver Feed Mill had been doing a drive through art exhibit that I'd been meaning to go to, but Kate & Jason went right before our visit & the girlie shared with me the best part of it. That night...I watched The Lowest Pair & Them Coulee Boys.
Alright...I've read the manual (there's a first time for everything) & watched some videos...I can do this! And I did! I felt like a super hero...I thread this baby & look...it sewed correctly! A major step towards my curtain project for the dining & living rooms. 
Bret from Audra, my Boxy Charm box (I resubscribed...I need things to look forward to), cutting my hair, & Davina. Davina lives just blocks from the Minneapolis protests & she's been driving 30 minutes outside the city to the closest open stores to stock up on food & supplies for those effected. She is a lovely human & I was happy to donate money to her cause. 

No comments:

Post a Comment