Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Blue Ox at Home


Dress: Embroidery Detail Navy Floral Midi Dress by eShakti (size 28) via Gwynnie Bee
Sandals: Born
Earring & Bracelet: Wendy Baker
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
What a comfy cute spring dress. The fit & length were great, the armholes didn't show off my bra, & the pockets were big enough to hold my phone. The waist is empire, which is my preferred style...I'm fat enough & old enough that no one thinks I'm pregnant. The embroidered flowers suggested autumn to me & I liked how they continued on the back...I am so sad when the back gets no love. This is a heavy t-shirt like cotton fabric which would be too warm for summer, also, it wrinkles easily. This is a dress I'd go garage sale-ing in or run errands...I'd also wear this to roast hot dogs over a fire at night. In other words...it's a jeans & t-shirt dress for a woman who wears only dresses. 
I would have normally worn teggings or leggings with this dress, but on this day, David & I drove up to Appleton (where my doctor moved) so I could finally get a PRP shot for my knee. It seemed like easier access to have an uncovered leg...they didn't even make me take my clothes off. 
I thought the autumnal colors in this dress matched our garage well enough that we could just take pictures in front of it...I was too impatient to wait for the light to be right. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in LSD; UD eyeshadow in Ignite, Wanderlust, & Blaze; UD lipstick in Heat; NYX lipliner in Pumpkin, & OPI nail polish in Deutsch You Want Me Baby? 
Bret Helm of Audra, playing his regular Sunday gig on Facebook. Since New West records sent me a black vinyl version of this Pokey record & were sold out of pink...I found a carnation copy online in nearby Milwaukee from The Exclusive Co...which we used to have two of in Madison, & now have none. Erika visited the house to measure the gate she is designing for us & we laid out some of the pieces that will be welded on it. 
BenDeLaCreme performing a song about Uranus. Getting my PRP (platelet-rich plasma) shot...I have to wait 6-12 weeks to see if it works since it needs time to heal the area. I really hope it works & I am able to do simple things like walk & make dinner. I will never take those things for granted again. 
Some years back...Kate & Jason went to Blue Ox in Eau Claire & camped in the rain...while there were many awesome bands playing...I'm not a camping, outdoor, hippy kind of girl. So I was thrilled when they announced they were taking the festival online. I might have missed this first group if Kate had not let me know she was watching & they were good...Lillie Mae out of Nashville, TN. Cute girls in sequins. And then I caught up on David Huckfelt (of The Pines) that I had missed earlier. 
I ordered some samples of fabrics that we liked for dining & living room curtains...& they all came at once...these are some we like so far. I have since ordered *more* samples.
More from Blue Ox...Pit Wagon, Pert Near Sandstone, & Molly Tuttle (who was the best of the 3). 
Saturday I picked up produce from Young Earth in a parking lot...then headed over to Dane County Farmers' Market for more deliciousness. On to day 2 of Blue Ox...Them Coulee Boys are always amazing...
Sam Bush, Charlie Parr, Warren Haynes, & finally...Nickel & Rose, from Milwaukee...who were joined by their friends, SistaStrings. I want these 4 to tour together because they were my favorite set of the weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment