Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Plaid All Over

 Dress: Cowl Neck Plaid Dress by Robbie Bee (size 3x) via Gwynnie Bee
Leggings: Torrid (size 4x)
Shoes: Merona, thrifted
Earring: etXarte
Necklace & Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
Alright, so I dislike cowl necks & it's the wrong season for this dress...BUT, I loved it. And I simply adore plaid, so I could not resist throwing more plaid into the mix. Fantastic fit & length, deep pockets, & gorgeous green mixed with the b&w print. 
So, my office is a bit dim...& the color in this dress seemed teal to me...so that is how I planned my outfit...makeup & accessories. Once I took this dress into my closet with fantastic lighting...I noticed it was in fact...green. But I was already all made up...I was just grabbing shoes. I thought about changing...but I wasn't actually *going* anywhere in this outfit...so...off we went to take photos. And David said, blue & green are the same color. 
Hair salons opened up here last week, but I just don't think getting my hair done is a good idea while the virus numbers are worse than ever here in Wisconsin. I may have to chop at my bangs myself. I *did* go to cosmetology school back in the 80s. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Perversion; UD eyeshadow in Urb, Half Baked, & Minx; Gothica lipstick from Kat von D; NYX Cosmic Metals lipstick in Electromagnetic; & This Color's Making Waves nail polish by OPI. 
I wore this outfit to do teletherapy & other things at home. Including watching a fabulous Fleetwood Mac drag brunch...with Biqtch Puddin', Dusty Ray Bottoms, & Pandora Boxx...& a bunch of other fun queens. 
Davina singing to us & Bret Helm of Audra trying out his Sunday show on Instagram (no one liked it as much). Pokey LaFarge DJed for 2 hours & of course has awesome taste in music...my favorite was the Esther Phillips songs he played. I'm sure I've heard her before, but I did a deep dive after listening to his radio show. Angie texted us about this FREE table on FB Marketplace & David immediately went to pick it up...they threw in 2 chairs too. The top is slate & the bottom is concrete...suuuuuper heavy. I'm going to paint the base some fun colors. 
Cory Chisel! He hasn't been online much, but he did a one hour show on Tuesday Tub Tunes to raise money for his new initiative called Soundlab...for healthcare workers to heal through songwriting. I got a notice that Trixie Mattel went live...& apparently she plays some video game online? Picking up from the Wednesday farmers' market on a lovely day. 
 Scott Bradlee, Amanda Palmer, Pokey LaFarge, & new shoes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment