Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Hump! & Pokey LaFarge

 Dress: Neon Check Dress by City Chic (size XXL/24) via Rita @ GB Liquidation 
Cardigan: Willow Bay, thrifted
Leggings: Torrid
Boots: Doc Martens
Earring & Necklace: Wendy Baker
Bracelets: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I'm always happy to take this dress out for a spin...what?! It's been 3 1/2 years since I last wore it?!! Time flies...I last wore this dress to see Gogol Bordello & earlier that same year to Story Slam. While my jewelry has been different every time...I can't seem to stop picking this cardigan. This was my very first City Chic dress & I love it. 
I was so happy with my choice of blue/black plaid leggings...but they barely show up here. Trust...they were awesome. 
Spoiler alert...this will be my last post with this haircut. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Deep End; Violet Voss eyeshadow in Pineapple, Bikini, & Violet; 2 shadows from the NYX Sugar Trip Squad palette; Mimosa lipstick by Bite Beauty; & I Sea You Wear OPI nail polish from OPI. 
I wore this outfit on a Saturday, April 27th...& as you can see...it snowed. On that day...I got my first flowers of spring at the westside farmers' market, went to Dan Savage's Hump! Film Festival with David, & attended a solo Pokey LaFarge show with Kate & Jason. Busy day! 
Lou Shields opened for Pokey LaFarge at his seated solo show at High Noon. While I missed the standup bass, he was amazing...& I appreciate Kate & Jason getting there early to get us front row seats. 
I wore this outfit on another day to go to work with David & run errands. Textured wallpaper going up in our peacock alcove at home...this used to be a closet in our hallway, but we decided to make it a display area instead...& I've always wanted a stuffed peacock, thus the name. A visit to Ageless Concrete to look at their stamped concrete options for our driveway...we definitely want this fan pattern, but in that red color with the antiquing over the top. We have been considering paving our driveway & walkway with bricks...but this might be easier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment