Wednesday, May 29, 2019

May 1st: The Last Year of My 40s Has Begun...

 Dress: Short Sleeve Blue Floral Fit & Flare by Eva Rose (size 4x) via Gwynnie Bee
Cardigan: Talbots (size 2x), thrifted 
Leggings: Torrid (size 4x)
Shoes: Born
Earring & Necklace: Heidi Daus via Ebay 
Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
While I adore the Eva Rose cotton dresses, their poly ones are just alright...nothing special. I had to pin the neckline, otherwise it flopped sloppily. Gorgeous colors & pattern in this dress though.
I wore this outfit the day of my 49th birthday. I was quite happy with my pattern mixing in my mind...but seeing it in photos, I would have done things differently. 
I got my hair cut the day before...summer haircut before my stylist went on maternity leave. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Alkaline, Huda Beauty Coral Obsessions palette, Heat lipstick from UD, & OPI nail polish in Now Museum, Now You Don't. 
After working for a little bit, David & I had lunch at Miko Poke...his first time. Yum. Also, that guy behind me? I had previously identified him as Burt Reynolds...but realized this time that it's actually Tom Selleck...which makes sense with their Hawaiian theme. After lunch we stopped in at Ageless Concrete to say yes to their bid...they have these pretty stones in their display fire pit. And...deciding on paint for the peacock alcove. 
Dinner at Estrellón! We've had such a late spring this year...I was excited to see some flowers. Even though this was nearly a month ago, it hasn't gotten a whole lot better...I wore a winter dress yesterday...high of 60°. 
We didn't want to make a lot of decisions...so we went with the Chef's Tasting Menu with wine pairings. We got to sample things we would have never ordered off the menu & found two new delightful favorites. 
 I will never come here again & not get the shrimp (Gambas Al Ajillo)...
or Basque Cake...oh, Basque cake, why did I ignore you for so long?? Of course, the paella was already a beloved dish. David & I agreed...the Basque cake was one of the best things we've ever put in our mouths. I had a lovely day with my love. Happy Birthday to me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment