Friday, May 3, 2019

Amanda Palmer at The Chicago Theatre

 Dress: Sketch Scarf V-Neck Dress by Spruce & Sage (size 4x) via Gwynnie Bee Try Then Buy
Cardigan: Marisa Christina (size 3x) via eBay 
Leggings: Torrid (size 4x)
Boots: Fluevog
Earring: etXarte
Necklace: Wendy Baker
Photography: Super Boo, Kate, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
No GB at home...what to wear to Chicago for the weekend?! I had recently gotten this pink leopard print cardigan...so I picked a dress that went with that & an outfit was born. I last wore this dress in January 2015. The wrap v-neck on this dress needs a lot of help...a strong pin (like I wore the last time)...or a few buttons of the cardigan done up to cover the gaping issue. 
These leggings aren't perfect...but they felt like my best option...
Add stompy beat up Fluevog boots from the 90s. And I'm ready to drive to Chicago. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Asphyxia & Voodoo; Anastasia eyeshadow in Dreamer, Rose Gold, Wild Child, & Drama; NYX lip palette in The Plums; & OPI nail polish in Have You Seen My Limo?
But first...food. I have this terrible habit of skipping breakfast & eating my first meal around 1:00. I enjoyed some delightful Miko Poke while my bezzer's hand got eaten by a pink shark. 
The view from our hotel room window!!!
And the unfortunate view on the other side (Trump Tower). Dinner from downstairs...Wow Bao (but I kept calling it Bao Wow)...which tasted oddly like a Lean Cuisine from the 80s. 
After dinner...Kate walked over to Millennium Park for the Patreon meet-up with Amanda Fucking Palmer while I put make-up on at the hotel. I found this photo online of Amanda with Kate in the background.
 Time to leave for the show...
The Chicago Theatre is so gorgeous inside...it takes my breath away every time.
We stood in line to buy a special Patreon only AFP Queen of Hearts pin...& then...the show! The audience was terrible (getting up for drinks constantly), but she was amazing & vulnerable. It was 1/2 stories about her abortions, miscarriages, & life...& 1/2 songs. It was perfect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment