Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Final Days of Film Fest

 Dress: Color Block Hem True Wrap Dress by eShakti (size 28) via Gwynnie Bee
Cardigan: Isaac Mizrahi Live (size 3x), thrifted
Tights: We Love Colors Microfiber tights in Navy
Shoes: Xhilaration, thrifted
All Jewelry: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I adored the 70s colors in this eShakti dress...it's made out of similar heavy cotton t-shirt material as Effie's Heart dresses. I also appreciate a true wrap dress as I can control the fit a bit. Cute, comfy, a bit too short for my taste. It was fun to accessorize & pull out all the autumnal shades, especially the yellows. 
Holy buckets, it was a windy day...I can't believe we got some shots of me without this dress over my head. 
Let's talk about these tights from We Love Colors. I typically buy their nylon/lycra tights, which are lovely...however, they do tend to be saggy around the ankles (this is the most common complaint I hear). These navy tights are their microfiber ones & they most certainly do not have that problem. They sent these to me to test out before they expanded their microfiber sizing years ago. I love them. My only issue is that they are a snugger fit & my nails are pointy & I poked through them 3-4 times putting them on...however, this will not apply to most of you. Next time I'll put on latex gloves & see how that goes. As I replace my tights, I will get more colors of this kind. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Torch, Huda Beauty Coral Obsessions eyeshadow palette, Treat liquid lip color by Sugarpill Cosmetics, & OPI nail polish in Rising Star. 
Day six of film fest...we had two! meals. We are usually lucky to fit one in. David & I ate fabulous pizza from Cafe Porta Alba for lunch...& got dinner to go with Kate at Forage Kitchen, which is another new delightful restaurant at Hilldale. It was even nice enough to eat outside while standing in line. 
Every year David & I buy too many film fest tickets...26, 28...it's too many for us. By Wednesday, day 7, we had 4 films to see...we skipped all of them. Uncle! 

We thought we had enough of our orange cork flooring from the kitchen to cover our basement stairs, but not quite. Our color was discontinued & our choices were too boring...so we decided to go with three colorful shades of marmoleum. 
And the next day...it snowed. David found another rusty heating grate for our hallway at Decon. 
The final film of the fest with my best girlie! In terrible theater lighting. Her Smell. I don't recommend it. My favorite film of these last days was a documentary, The Disappearance of My Mother. 
My merry Boxy Charm box. And our headboard (there is actually an entire frame, but we are only using this)...I am going to use leather paint to color the tufted part...either a darker gold or burgundy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment