Friday, May 31, 2019

1st Elkhorn Antique Flea Market of 2019

 Dress: Dolce Vita Dress in Butterfly Print by Effie's Heart (size 4x) 
Cardigan: Erika (size 2x), thrifted
Leggings: Torrid (size 4x)
Shoes: Nine West, thrifted
Earring: Wendy Baker
Necklace: A Lucious Thing
Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I threw this outfit together to get my hair cut...not really my best pattern mixing...but comfy. I wore it better back in 2017, where I chose the same necklace. 
Effie's Heart, is, of course...my cute errand running dresses of choice. 
I adore a brand new haircut...also, this style feels most "me". Keeping it straight all winter was a challenge. This cut just lets my hair do its natural thing...
My make-up with this outfit included...NYX eyeliner in Gypsy Blue; Violet Voss eyeshadow in Pineapple, Pinwheel, Bikini, & Island; Fresh Moroccan lipstick by MAC; & Sprung nail polish from OPI. 
Awaiting my final haircut from Gen before she went on maternity leave. On another day...running errands, including going to Sephora for their spring sale where I tried out Urban Decay's Game of Thrones collection. I really wanted some of those eyeliners, but they were sold out. 
I came home with a Drunk Elephant set...I've really liked their moisturizer I've been using, so I wanted to try more. And a Game of Thrones eyeshadow palette...as well as this years Sephora birthday gift & some reward point items. 
More LuLaRoe leggings from eBay...& I decided to try out Svaha since everyone seems to be loving their dresses...sadly, their sizing is whack & the 5x is way too small on me...vintage typewriter keys, though!!! Kate buying mushrooms at farmers' market & tulips on the square...
Several weeks later...I wore this dress again to go to the first Elkhorn Vintage Flea with David. They were forecasting nearly 100% chance of rain right up until the night before...but we got up at 5am anyway...determined not to miss it. It was a lovely day...but because of the threat of rain, a lot of vendors & shoppers didn't show up. However! Jackpot for us! At our first stop inside the gate...we fell in love with this Belgium metal stove from the 1800s...taken out of a home in the Chicago area. I don't entirely understand how it was used, & this Etsy listing is no help. We intend to use it as a side table in our living or dining room. Right next door...we scored this typesetters cabinet, which I will repurpose to hold jewelry. 
This metal table with lion's head feet & a bunch of this tin ceiling also came home with us. Sadly, this angel & cherub statuary did not...isn't it lovely?! A fun metal wastebasket that I forgot all about, but would have liked for my craft room. 
We were completely finished in an hour & a half (unheard of!)...but stayed for an equal amount of time looking around just in case. David was like, let's find that jewelry vendor you like...& I said, no...I feel done. I had those Smurf glasses as a kid! One of those orange chairs would have been perfect for our kitchen work counter. At home, David unloads the truck...he found a cute croquet set during one of his trips back to the truck at Elkhorn to tuck another treasure in our pile. Oh! And we found a few ornate metal decorations. We got done so early, just a bit after 10:00...that our favorite Mexican restaurant wasn't open yet...also, there was the threat of rain on our drive home. Back at home...David indulged me by going to a Madison Mexican place I like. The song of the day was, Worth It, by Fifth Harmony (I'd never heard of it)...David sang it to me because, baby I'm worth it...then played it for me during our drive. He often dances along to music & it makes me shriek with laughter. Laughter is one of the most important things in a relationship. 
We got some license plate letters from the tin ceiling guy to put on our basement door...however, we seem to have overlooked an important word. Next time. Best Elkhorn Flea ever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment