Thursday, September 27, 2018

Weird Wine // Jeremy Messersmith

 Dress: Large Polka Dot Fit & Flare Dress by Gilli (size 3x) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn GB credit)
Leggings: LuLaRoe (size TC2) via eBay 
Sandals: Nurture, thrifted
Necklace & Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo, Kate, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
Give me all the dots! I was expecting this dress to be black...& I'm still not sure it wasn't...because the lining & the thread were both navy. Also, I was expecting these leggings to be black, but they were most definitely navy. Weird. I liked the cap sleeves on this dress & the length was good...the big polka dots were fun. It wasn't as flare-y as I would have liked, but that is most likely due to this being a 3x. Good dress, but nothing special. 
What made me love this outfit was the Nightmare Before Christmas leggings...so adorable. But why navy dots? I know LuLaRoe is evil, but now that they make leggings in my size...I can't resist. And I look for them for $15 & under on eBay. 
Orange & black (navy?)...not just for Halloween. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Matrix Midnight Blue eyeliner (I think I got this free with a Matrix purchase in the 90s...seriously, I never throw anything away); Jones, Goldmine, & Minx eyeshadow from Urban Decay; MAC lipstick in Dozen Carnations; & OPI nail polish in Orange You Going to the Game?
I wore this outfit several times...to the Wednesday farmers' market...where I buy myself weekly $5 bouquets of beautiful flowers. Look at those precious elephants...mailed from France. And a trip to Deconstruction Inc...where I remembered too late that they had posted something I wanted...& it was already gone...a medical table with a swing out shelf that would have been a good TV tray in the rec room. 
One fun garage sale...
Wine tasting group at Kate's place with the appropriate theme of weird. I made olive tapenade...I always forget how good it is. And a few days later I served the leftovers atop mahi mahi. 
Kate pulled out her concert programs...her dad went to the Prince concert, but she wasn't allowed to go (she was 8). My biggest regret in growing up in a small town in the middle of nowhere...soooo many great 80s concerts I missed out on.
And finally...I wore this outfit to The Shitty Barn with the girlie to see Jeremy Messersmith. I went picnic shopping hungry again, but managed to get slightly less food than the last time. 
 Surprised girlies...
Jeremy Messersmith & his band seemed like they were having a blast playing together...
They passed the record test...Kate bought his latest & I snapped up both vinyl he brought with him. And he played his ukulele inches from us in the front row...everybody gets a kitten.
Connie, one of Shitty Barn's photographers & mistress of the barn (I'm not sure what else she does there, but I think of her as one of the main faces of the place), took this lovely photo...

No comments:

Post a Comment