Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Lilly Hiatt & Elkhorn Vintage Flea

 Dress: Tie Waist Green Floral Print Fit & Flare Dress by En Creme (size 5x) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn GB credit)
Leggings: LulaRoe via eBay (size TC2)
Sandals: ?, thrifted 
All Jewelry: Wendy Baker
Photography: Super Boo, Kate, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
This dress was both better & worse than I was expecting. What I liked: the gorgeous colors, the light airy material, the length, the split sleeves, & the v-neck. What surprised me most was how much it resembled a nurses scrub top. Also, as this was my first time trying this brand & there was no stretch...I went up a size...which made it huge on top for me, but comfortable on the bottom...the perks of being a pear. 
This is my first pair of LulaRoe leggings that I found on eBay for $10...I wanted to try out their new TC2 to see if they would fit me. They have so many cute patterns & I love leggings so much...I'll probably buy more even though they are an evil company. 
I thought this viscose fabric was cotton...it was so light & perfect to wear on humid days. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Alkaline eyeliner by Urban Decay, Kat von D eyeshadow in Analogue, UD eyeshadow in Fringe & Fireball, Foiled Again lipstick from NYX, Habanero lipstick by MAC, & OPI nail polish in Summer Lovin' Having A Blast!
I first wore this dress to run errands, then pick up the girlie from work to ride off to The Shitty Barn. Ulta was having a sale on stuff I needed...& I picked up a few of the new OPI colors at the beauty supply. Autumn is coming! Then I wandered around Whole Foods while hungry...collecting nibbles for us to eat at the barn. Finally, since I still had time...I went to visit Confectionique, a French-inspired vintage craft market that only opens for a few days every few months. I spied all sorts of cute things...& I know I bought something...but I don't remember what since I didn't take a photo of it. 
 Girlie selfie! 
Kate couldn't stop complaining about how much food I brought...I was hungry! Oh, that smoked salmon was tasty & moist. I should have skipped the boring potato salad & shrimp. Lilly Hiatt & her band rocking the barn...high guitar guy was hilarious. 
I wore this dress again 2 days later to travel to the Elkhorn Antique Flea market with David...where we found treasures. We were wishy-washy on if we wanted to go & finally decided we would, but not in the truck. Silly mistake. But we'd only found small things on previous trips. That giant ornate gold mirror somehow fit in the car with Super Boo magic. It was marked $50...I'd expect to pay more at a garage sale. David also talked me into getting several of these fabulous old wooden crates to use in my closet to store sweaters & t-shirts in. My hesitation was...why spend money on them when he could make me some wooden cubes super cheap? But...he was right...I love them. 
This was the tragedy of the day...I fell in love with this outdoor table & chair set with scroll-y leaves & flowers...$125! Not even Super Boo magic was getting this home in the car. We ultimately decided that it wasn't really for us since it was upholstered in fabric that could not sit out in the rain & we are not those people that will bring it inside. Every time I see furniture that is both painted & stained...I swoon...I'm going to refinished my 2 jewelry armoires like this...& probably my desk & vanity too. All the things! We found a few other bits & bobs that are wrapped well that I didn't get photos of, plus 2 vintage necklaces & a leaf frog that I'll use for eyeliner storage. And, the Elkhorn happy ending...tasty Mexican food at Los Tres Hermanos...so fresh & delicious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment