Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Shopping with Charlie Parr

Dress: Short Sleeve Pink Scatter Print Fit & Flare Dress by In Every Story (size 4x) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn GB credit)
Teggings: Re/Dress
Sandals: Alegria
Earring & Necklace: Wendy Baker
Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo, Kate, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
The cut of this dress was ideal for my body...with the banded waist just below the bust line with pleats & just right v-neck. This dress was perfection. The pattern was not exciting enough for me to buy it, but I hope this dress company makes more in this style. 
I don't love ties on dresses...I feel they are pointless, like zippers on stretchy dresses, & just add bulk.
No time for photos...step outside the office & snap between clients. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Alkaline eyeliner from Urban Decay; Cotton Candy, Totally Fetch, & Sprinkles eyeshadow by Too Faced; NYX Fuchsia lipliner; UD Big Bang lipstick; & You're the Shade That I Want nail polish from OPI. 
I wore this dress several times before sending it back to GB. First, on a Friday to garage sales & drive David to the airport. These Dumpster Diva ladies have the BEST garage sales...I haven't been going to many sales this year, so I was pleased I hadn't missed this one. Labor Day weekend. Must remember. In addition to what's pictured...I also picked up a few large ornate frames & an old metal ice cream parlor chair fitted with a basket for a plant. That mirror was SO very needed...since we stopped working on our house to fix up our old house to sell...we haven't put up a mirror in our bathroom...so I hung this in the hallway so I can see myself without walking to the closet. 
Then later that day...Charlie Parr outside at The Edgewater with Kate & Jason.
Eat the girlie!
Delicious takeout from Vientiane Palace on a gorgeous summer evening on the lake...listening to Chicago Farmer, followed by Charlie Parr.
I also wore this outfit to shop at Sephora during their fall sale...I skipped the spring sale because...do I really need more make-up?! But I don't want to lose VIB status. I LOVE this moisturizer from CaudalĂ­e, but it's so expensive that I've only bought it once. So I slather it on every time I go into the store. 

I took the doggies to the private dog park & we were swarmed by mosquitos...look at all the bumps on poor Rye. 

This leg/foot issue I've been dealing with has been so much $$$...ONE prescription was over $400...I am lucky I have insurance. I wish everyone did. 
 Oh, look! Cute little wee baby clothes! I've been picking up stuff at garage sales & thrift stores because Angie's bald puppy needs something to wear, right? 

My favorite quick 3 minute lunch...buy 6 scallops at the co-op, melt butter & olive oil in a pan on high & cook each side for a minute & a half. Salt. Eat. 

My Wednesday flowers with a few new dahlias to replace ones that died off...
 Don't judge me...look at all the pretty colors...(that I didn't need).
I may have went a little overboard on eBay vintage jewelry. I've been in quite a bit of pain for over 2 months with this vasculitis & that coupled with being on prednisone (which puffs up my face, raises my blood sugar, & makes me ravenous) has got me feeling cranky & not pretty. So, buy all the pretty things! 

2 comments:

  1. Ugh, steroids are the worst. I've had to either take the dose paks or have epidural steroid injections for my back more times than I can count, and it makes me a VERY HONGRY insomniac. I hope your issues get resolved soon. One of my meds is more than my car payment, and before I meet my deductibles, I always ask my doctor for samples (which he is awesome about giving). I love this outfit on you, and I love love love Alegria shoes. My favorite boots are Alegria, and they're the only shoes I've never had to put insoles in after I wear them for a while. PS - plz post pics of the puppy in his outfits! <3

    http://crotchlessyogapants.blog
    Insta @crotchlessyogapants
    I cannot figure out how to make Google cooperate with my sign in...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steroids *are* the worst, I'm sorry you have had to take them so often. I've been on them before a few times for bronchitis...but this has been 3 months already. Also, thanks <3. To think...I used to hate pink. These are the only Alegria shoes I have...but they are so comfortable!

      Delete