Monday, September 10, 2018

Gorgeous Greek Goddess

 Dress: Cold Shoulder Red Maxi Dress by Melissa Masse (size 4x) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn GB credit)
Sandals: Naturalizer, thrifted 
Earring: etXarte
Necklace & Bracelets: Vintage 
Photography: Super Boo, Kate, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I felt like the most gorgeous Greek goddess in this Melissa Masse caftan maxi. Not technically flattering, but I only care about how I feel in a garment & this one made me feel sexy. I adore cold shoulder sleeves & the drape on this dress was so lovely. I also loved the empire waist, batwing sleeves, & plunging neckline. The only thing not perfect about this dress was that when I was sitting, I had to keep adjusting the neckline so my bra wasn't hanging out...I'd prefer a dress I didn't have to think about at all. Otherwise, yes to this dress. 
An embarrassing tidbit...I wore this dress to work & to a doctor appointment before seeing Kate. Upon seeing me, Kate says...what's going on here with your sleeves? I think you've got this on wrong...she fixes me & walaaa...I am improved. I had been wearing this as a sleeveless dress instead of cold shouldered...the issue with that was you could see both my bra & grannie panties from the sides...but, it honestly hadn't occurred to me that something might be up with my dressing & was not a failure of the dress. 
I have two necklaces in this style, the other one is darker...& I thought this called for brighter...it is framed just so in this neckline. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Alkaline; Alchemy, Bondage, Last Sin, & Lucky eyeshadow from UD; Love+ eyeshadow by Sugarpill; NYX lip palette in The Reds; NYX lipstick in Kitten Heels; & Little Red Wagon nail polish by OPI. 
I had my eye on this vintage Miriam Haskell necklace on Etsy & finally took the plunge. I don't have much orange jewelry as that is a recent favorite color of mine & most of my collection was gathered in my 20s. The other necklace is gold grapes & chains & is not marked, but it is quite similar to necklaces Miriam Haskell designed. 
I wore this dress to have smelt (pronounce schmelt) with the girlie at Gates & Brovi...tasty tasty little fishies. And we witnessed this young woman surprising her blindfolded guy with a party inside...so sweet. 
I also wore this caftan to make shrimp guacamole (it didn't need the shrimp) to bring to wine tasting group at Table Wine, where the theme was, Blind. I think there were 9 wines & I guessed 7 of them correctly. Not to brag or anything...I think I was more casual about guessing because I was alright with being wrong. There's probably a lesson in there somewhere. 

No comments:

Post a Comment