Thursday, September 13, 2018

Jesse Dayton // Our Country's Good

 Dress: Flare Sleeve Koi Fish Dress by Eloquii (size 28) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn GB credit)
Teggings: Re/Dress
Sandals: ?, thrifted 
Earring: eBay
Necklace & Bracelets: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I fell completely in love with these adorable fishies & the colors in this dress from Eloquii. The fit was a bit large up top, but I'm used to that being a pear shaped chick. Otherwise, this frock was great. This is a dress that would wear well into the fall...buttoned all the way up & with a cardigan...it would take care of the awkward fit issue for me. 
I wanted to take photos of this dress next to water...unfortunately, we had just had 12-15 inches of rain & the water levels were extremely high...which made for more water in these pictures, but not so good for all the flooding basements. But because of the rain...we had to use an alternative route to work because of street closings...& this bridge over the Yahara River had been catching my eye when I drove by. 
I'm still taking a high dose of prednisone because of my feet issues...so my face is super puffy.
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Junkie; Hyperballad, Analogue, Vinyl, & Legend eyeshadow by Kat von D; Huda Beauty Electric Obsessions palette; NYX lipstick in Orange County; MAC lipstick in Dozen Carnations; & Summer Lovin' Having A Blast nail polish from OPI. 
Mr. Jesse Dayton & his band, up from Austin, rocking the barn. They opened for The Legendary Shack Shakers last summer & they've got a pack of groupies (middle aged husbands & wives) that follow them around the midwest that are quite entertaining. This show also brought out a pair of 20-somethings that made googly eyes at them all night long. 
Behind the scenes...Connie, the photographer, taking band photos before the gig & the set list. Jesse playing his guitar with some guys beer. 
I wore this dress on another day to go to farmers' market & buy myself some sunflowers. Happy smiling sunflowers. And pick out carpet for the stairs in our old house. Sadly, not animal print...I don't care for carpet, but if I was going to get some...leopard wall-to-wall would be fab. 
Finally, I wore this dress to go marketing with the girlie & then to APT with David. We had tickets before the play to Follow the Thread: Costume Design to Reality. Oh, the costume shop building *swoon*...it was magnificent. They design & make everything in house with the exception of the shoes (although they do modifications into hooves, etc)...they make their own wigs & hats (& furniture, but that's a different department). Scott, the costume director, gave an interesting talk. 
Some sketches of costumes in this year's productions...can you design costumes if you can't draw? Then...on to the play, Our Country's Good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment