Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Born Yesterday

 Dress: Theresa Dress in Kaleidoscope Print by Effie's Heart (size 3x) via GB resellers 
Teggings: Re/Dress
Sandals: Born, thrifted 
Earring: eBay 
Necklace: Wendy Baker
Bracelets: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo, Kate, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I adore this true wrap dress from Effie's Heart...I also own it in trolley print. I prefer this style in a 3x rather than my usual 4x because I get a better fit on top. Even though there is grey in this dress...I was drawn to the unusual color combination. I love Effie's Heart & there isn't a thing I'd change about this comfortable cotton dress. 
The final day of sandal season...in a few weeks all the leaves on this vine will have turned red. 
It was fun picking out accessories for this dress since there were so many colors to choose from. What did I do before I started collecting colorful bakelite & lucite bracelets?!
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Junkie; UD eyeshadow in Alchemy; Lemonade, Pineapple, & Tidal Wave eyeshadow from Violet Voss; Nars lipstick in Majella; & Lost on Lombard nail polish by OPI. 
I first wore this dress on a Sunday to go to a flea market with David, & to see a play with him & Kate. Things I left behind...one of the women there makes pretty lampshades...how hard is it, I wonder? I need to add this to my list of things to try. I should have bought that in loving memory book...how sweet is that...was that common? Also should have taken home that awesome photo of all the ladies dressed alike...why? Sewing club, got a good deal on that fabric, best friends? I liked that they labeled that doll "scary"...it reminded me of something my friend Shane would have had. Then...north side farmers' market...should you eat the meat?
What we brought home...a gold grape box, a wedding photo, silverware, another lamp stand that I'll use to hang jewelry (next to the other one we found at the last flea market), a shabby chic mirror, & a nude woman thing that will look lovely outside. 
A wee picnic before Born Yesterday...it turns out grape leaves in a can are quite yummy.
The first act vs the second act stage...
I also wore this dress to consult with Maggie about my farmers' market tattoo...we were supposed to start tattooing on this day, but as I'm still on prednisone & healing...I thought we should wait a few weeks. Sadly, no one grew artichokes at market this year...so I had to provide a photo instead of an actual one for reference. And...dog park!
Here is how I often look when shopping at farmers' market...not glamourous. Kate & I checked out the Halloween stuff at Target after market...I need that pumpkin bag. 


2 comments:

  1. Every time I visit your blog it reminds me I really need some of those teggings in my life. These ones are the perfect colour for fall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally need some teggings. I tend to only wear them in summer though...but obviously, I wear them ALL summer.

      Delete