Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Recruiting Officer

 Dress: Bell Sleeve Floral Fit & Flare Dress by London Times (size 3x) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn GB credit)
Tights: We Love Colors in Rust
Shoes: Clarks, thrifted
All Jewelry: Wendy Baker
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
This dress was soooo pretty in person...I just loved the colors. It was the perfect seasonal transition dress as some of the flowers reminded me of summer & others, autumn. Also, as a former goth girl...I have a total crush on bell sleeves. Everything about this dress was ideal...except for the mismatched seam right down the middle...why do they do that to dresses?! It's so jarring. Still...if this dress came along for $20 or less...I'd buy it. 
I was ecstatic when I saw these brand new never been worn adorable Clarks at Savers for dirt cheap earlier this year. Before they closed here. Sob. This was my first time wearing them. 
As many times as we've been to Spring Green this summer for APT & Shitty Barn...this will be my only photo shoot here. David rarely goes to the barn & the sunlight has not cooperated with us during our APT shows. This door though! Best chippy paint ever. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Alkaline & Mildew, UD eyeshadow in Stranded & Baja, Huda Beauty Coral Obsessions palette, Electric Warrior eyeshadow by Kat von D, Ready? lipstick from UD, & OPI nail polish in Como se Llama?
Indian buffet for lunch meant no need for a picnic at APT later in the day. Sephora Play! I look forward to getting this box every month, plus it's only $10...but I rarely use any of it. I need to make more of an effort. Sunflowers from market! Also, this is what we use for mosquito repellent & it's the BEST thing ever...one is to put on you & the other is to spray on your clothing (when it's not on you). They don't smell awful or melt your glasses.
Wine & mixed nuts before we see Recruiting Officer. I'm not sure where this suede muppet coat came from...but now that I have a huge closet...I have a place for everything. I think this was hiding in the basement of our other house. So, first time wearing it. 
 Cute metal piggy! in the gift shop. The stage, & us...
I wore this outfit again the next day (without makeup) to farmers' market with Kate...& to set up our new iPhones. 

I got a new bottle of Ginger Essence by Origins during their $20 off sale...it's the fragrance I like to wear in the colder months & it is delicious. 

4 comments:

  1. It is amazing that chippy paint door almost exactly matches one of the apricot colours in that dress. :) I do have one dress with a mismatched seam down the front, somehow that makes me love it more.

    But wait, you have the new closet already? Photos, we demand photos!

    I mentioned you over on my blog today, I saw something that made me think of you and I took a photo.

    I will have to see if I can find this fragrance. I recently went through a phase where I was trying to find two different "signature" fragrances for me, for work. It was harder than I thought it would be and a lot of going and spraying things on a wrist and then wearing it to see how it went for the rest of the day. I will write a post about this soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Our bathroom countertop is Laborite & is soooo pretty. I've always admired it in jewelry, but think it's a bit too cool/grey for me to wear. I think I posted some closet photos, but not of the entire thing...it's a mess right now...so when I clean it up...I will post :) I have 2 fragrances I wear...Origins Ginger & Angel by Thierry Mugler. I also am a big fan of mixed essential oils...I mix them myself locally or buy them from Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab online.

      Delete
  2. Gah, the colour of those tights is the perfect pumpkin. I love love love your use of colourful tights and leggings. You're the queen of hosiery!

    ReplyDelete