Monday, October 29, 2018

The Pines // Merchant // The Tattooing Begins

 Dress: Floral Border Hi Lo Dress by INC (size 3x) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn GB credit)
Cardigan: ?, thrifted
Leggings: Torrid (size 4x)
Shoes: Born, thrifted
Earring, Necklace, & Bracelet: Wendy Baker
Photography: Super Boo, Kate, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
This pretty floral nylon summer dress was autumned right up with the addition of this breezy cardigan & leggings. The fit & length of this dress was just right for me...& for once, I enjoyed the hi-lo hem because this sheer fabric looks the same on both sides. The banded waist hit me just below the boobs, which is where I prefer...empire waist. The flow of the skirt & the colors of the flowers were just lovely. 
We managed to find some hearty flowers that were still in bloom at Olbrich Gardens. 
I had this dress at home forever before returning it...but somehow I still forgot to take pictures of the make-up I wore. I will confess...I normally don't care what's in fashion, but I read an article online about how all shades of green nail polish are hot right now...so I wore this OPI Greenwich Green polish instead of the pink I was considering. I am extremely suggestible. 
I wore this dress to see The Pines with Angie at The Shitty Barn (under a coat). It was a Saturday & their normal food vendor, Enos Farms, had an event to cater...so Pizza Brutta took their place...it was a welcome change of chow as Enos just does tacos now...in the past they switched it up. The Pines were delightful, as always...& this turned out to be my last Shitty show of the season. Angie, Kate, & I were supposed to see The Zach Pietrini band a week ago Saturday...but Angie went & had a baby & it was cold, rainy, sleety, & snowy that particular day...so Kate & I decided to skip it. 
I wore this dress again on a day when the temperature was in the 80s...to have cocktails & nibbles with the girlie at Merchant. We were certain they'd have their fall drink menu available since it was already the first week of October...but not until the 17th. However, all their cocktails are fabulous...& their new chef has made the cheese curds even tastier. 
 Everything was delicious, with the exception of Kate's sea bass...it was terribly overcooked & rubbery. I'm not sure why neither of us spoke up about it. The surprise of the evening was the tuna crudo in a watermelon soup...it sounded weird, but why not try it??? It was incredible & lovely to look at as well...although my photo is blurry. 
Last round of drinks...I got an old standby that I haven't had for ages...Corpse Reviver...
I'm not actually sure I was wearing this dress, but I think so? Kate & I went to farmers' market...where I got these jack-o-lantern "flowers"? to add to my sunflowers, & the girlie gifted me a pumpkin bag I wanted from Target...sooo thoughtful. The next day she came over to do laundry & brought us wine to enjoy...she is petting Rye here, but the picture is too dark to really see his snoot (do not google pig snoot). 
Finally, I wore this dress to begin my farmers' market tattoo with Maggie. I've wanted this tattoo for decades...& I am so pleased I waited because she is the perfect person to do this tattoo. She drew on my arm to envision how the final placement might go...& we began a three hour session...she just looked at the photos we had taken of the veggies all year...& made them come to life on my arm! This was my first time getting tattooed without Kate's hand to dig my nails into (& this is a gift from her), but Maggie is super full & I wanted to leave evening & weekend slots for those that need them since I am available during the work days. I was so scared...but! It hardly hurt...totally bearable pain. Like, I could breathe & talk...it was bizarre! Apparently, chicks are the way to go for tattoo artists...she was so gentle. If I had known tattoos could be so easy...I would be completely covered by now! The photos are how they looked the next morning. The ginger is my favorite. 

No comments:

Post a Comment