Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Experiments in Pattern Mixing III

 Dress: Riley Dress from Igigi via Gwynnie Bee (click link to get a free month & help me earn a free month)

Cardigan: Avenue

Boots: Fluevog

Necklace: Me

Earring: etXarte

Kate's Day Dress: Ruched Geometric Dress from Taylor Dresses via Gwynnie Bee

Kate's Night Dress: Adele Dress in Mod Dots from Cherry Velvet via Gwynnie Bee

Photography: Me & Kate
This is my tough face above...or at least it's the face I made when Kate told me to look mean to match my stompy boots. Are you scared? 
I wore this outfit a week ago Sunday to go to a crafty fair with the girlie, & later that night to see a band I like. I just had this dress from Gwynnie Bee a week and a half before...but it came to me again in a size up & I styled it differently. I felt less like Minnie Mouse with the leopard cardigan and boots. I really like this dress, I just wish the polka dots were black instead of white.  
The girlie looked adorable in her day dress, with the exception of a HUGE gold (unnecessary) zipper running down the back. 
At the crafty fair, Kate found some lovely colorful earrings, a calendar, & Sandalwood Vanilla Honey Lotion from the same friendly woman I bought this Noel Honey Soap (orange, cinnamon, pine) from. She makes her products using the honey of the bees she raises...how fabulous is that?! She told us she has a kiosk outside of Macy's until Christmas, so I'd like to find my way there to get some lotion to match this deliciously yummy soap. She also has a website, Cackle Bee. Kate wore her lotion to the concert & she smelled marvelous all night, so the scent really lingers. 
This is one of two earrings I have with an 'M' on it. So very Laverne (from the 70s sitcom Laverne & Shirley). I don't wear either of them very often even though they're fun...I'll have to remedy that! 
Kate decided she'd go to the concert with me so she'd have some place to wear this dress. She thought it wasn't appropriate to wear to work because of the high slit in back...apparently there is no such thing as too much cleavage in the workplace *smile*. 
I picked Kate up at 6 for the 7pm show because I was concerned about getting a table. Apparently Sundays are slow at High Noon. We were the first non-employees there...so we wandered around trying to find somewhere bright enough to take pictures...
 Then we spent some time in the bathroom being silly. 
And here is the best part of this dress...also note, Kate accessorizing! She's wearing her new earrings from the craft fair, a cute little necklace from etsy that says "evil", and a typewriter bracelet that she made that says...I can't remember...she'll have to say in the comments. 
Barbez had 2 opening bands...the first (Page Campbell from Hope For Agoldensummer) was wonderful...the second...gave me time to post some of the pictures we took on fb & Instagram.

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't find my usual "ABNOMAL" or "DEVIANT"bracelets, so I wore "MALCONTENT".

    ReplyDelete