Thursday, September 12, 2013

Gwen Maxi Dress from SWAK (Sealed With A Kiss)


Kate and I went to see The Psychedelic Furs last night, so we decided we needed to be "Pretty in Pink." I remember the first album I got by them when I was 14, and 2 years later seeing the Molly Ringwald movie in the theater. I wore all pink to that movie too, including my stockings and shoes. So, obviously, I was excited to see them live all these years later!

This SWAK dress was incredibly comfortable, but LONG. I am 5'7" and this dress swept the ground. I had to hold it up when I walked like in the photo above, which I wasn't able to do when I was carrying a drink in each hand at the venue and trying to walk down some stairs to bring them to Kate, hoping I wouldn't trip & fall. It's too bad, because I liked everything else about this dress. The pattern was fantastic and the fit & colors were flattering, I felt very pretty in this pink dress...a color I have not worn in decades.
Kate wore a dress she'd just gotten from Igigi, which I seemed to think was more flattering on her than she did. I think she has the perfect body, so everything looks good on her...except for some purple velvet pants I made her try on at Lane Bryant over a decade ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment