Friday, September 13, 2013

Carly Dress from Igigi


Dress: Igigi via Gwynnie Bee (use this link to get a free month)

Sandals: Dansko

Cardigan: Avenue 

Vintage Flower Jewelry: Wendy Baker

Photography: Super Boo

I am in love with this dress! The coral color is so very lovely and unusual. I have not seen this color combination on the Igigi site, and I'm sure I didn't miss it because as much as I love Igigi's clothing, my biggest complaint about them is their lack of warm colors...everything comes in shades of blue and purple...and I want coral, pumpkin, brown, moss, deep red, burgundy...warmth! This dress was incredibly comfortable, but a bit big in the shoulder/arm area, so I'd go down a size in this. It is well made and the fabric feels wonderful and is a good weight to wear on its own in the summer and will transition to colder temperatures nicely with the addition of a cardigan. 

I wore this stunning dress to see RuPaul's Drag Race Tour: Battle of the Seasons at The Barrymore Theatre in Madison, as well as to attend an outdoor production of Too Many Husbands at the American Players Theatre in Spring Green. The pictures we took at the play turned out much better, so they are the ones I used. 

8 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous coral pink, and lovely shape! What color is on your fingernails? I want.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The polish is one I got free at the beauty supply for buying some gelish nail stuff. The brand is Morgan Taylor in Sweet Escape and it really was a perfect match for the dress.

      Delete
  2. Love your hair! Super cute dress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so great on you! Love the matching nails :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. In the picture with your hand on your chest, you look like you could be saying "Oh, my lands!" ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just noticed they have this dress on the Igigi site now. My Lands!!

      Delete