Saturday, September 28, 2013

2 Igigi Surprises

 Dress: Chantelle in Heliotrope from Igigi via Gwynnie Bee (click link to get a free month)

Sandals: Dansko

Jewelry: Vintage

Photography: Super Boo, Kate, & Me
The greatest thing about Gwynnie Bee is being able to take a chance on things you would never otherwise consider. I have been enjoying discovering new brands, but even more...I have been loving trying all the dresses from my favorite brand, Igigi, that I would never dream of buying because they just don't seem like a me thing. Like this purple dress. I wasn't expecting to like it and even when I got it I thought, eh, it's ok, looks like a bridesmaid dress. But then I wore it to work and got compliments on it...then I saw the photos above and really liked how vibrant the color was and how it popped with my hair (and that yellow desk! I NEED a yellow cardigan!!) and I changed my mind. I also really loved the lace on this, especially in the v-neck...lacy sophisticated cleavage. Of course it was also comfortable, well-made, & lined. I am just in love with Igigi.
I also wore this dress out for dinner & drinks with my girlie. We tried 2 new drinks from Merchant's fall drink menu. I had A Girl Named Isabel, which was made with- Ansac Cognac, orange juice, house-made Creme de Cacao, Green Chartreuse, & lemon juice. It is going on the list I keep in my iPhone of 'Merchant Drinks I Love'. Kate had a Calypso, which was made with- Ron Abuelo 7 year Rum, El Dorado 12 year Rum, Fever Tree Ginger Beer, maple syrup, house-made Demarara syrup, lime juice, & egg whites. I thought it tasted like a much more delicious version of a Dark & Stormy. 

Kate is also wearing a top from Igigi via Gwynnie Bee that she was surprised she liked. In fact, she liked it so much she bought it! Looking cute at wine tasting after dinner at Square Wine where we tasted 7 delicious wines from Walla Walla, WA. My favorite was the Waters Tremolo at only $40 a bottle and not the $130 pretty bottle in the box on the end (which was also tasty). 

Our final destination for the evening was Garner Park to watch "The Princess Bride". The last time Kate & I were there for Opera in the Park, we rolled down the hill. 
This time, there was no rolling, but there was twirling...

1 comment:

  1. You should share to Facebook when you post new entries here.

    ReplyDelete