Monday, February 27, 2023

The Harvey House // MSO with Alexander Sitkovetsky // Hadestown

Dress: Burnout Velvet Dress by Anthropologie (size 10) via Nuuly
Stockings: Sock Dreams
Shoes: Fluevog, Poser: Shiloh 
Earrings: Heidi Daus via Ebay 
Bracelet & Purse: Vintage
Stats: 5'7" 38-32-42
I was IN LOVE with this dress...I have it at home right now in a size 8 & I plan on making my first purchase ever from Nuuly...I'm waiting out the month, hoping they send me a discount...but of course that won't happen until the day after I buy it. Obviously, I think this maxi is perfection...I wouldn't change a thing. 

And how could I not own this dress...I have the ideal shoes to wear with it. I received endless compliments while wearing this outfit. 
These Fluevogs are gorgeous, comfortable, & go with so much. Also, this bag we found at Elkhorn last year is fabulous. 
I've had this bracelet since high school...I've always had excellent taste. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Torch & Lucky; Cosmo, Turkish Delight, Nefertiti, & Oud eyeshadow by Huda Beauty; MAC lipliner in Chicory; Hypnotic Rust lipstick from Make Up For Ever; & OPI nail polish in A Woman's Prague-ative. 
I first wore this dress for pictures outside & inside the capitol on a snowy day...before heading over to The Harvey House for dinner with David. NYT called them one of their 50 favorite restaurants last year.
Harvey House is a "celebration of Wisconsin's iconic supper clubs." 
But with better cocktails...to begin, David had a Penny Whistle (gin, Cappelletti, St. Germain, lemon) & I sipped a Bar Germain (St. Germain, lemon, Prosecco).
Our starters...Smoked Kielbasa In A Blanket (whole grain mustard jus), Chicken Liver Mousse (pickled shallots, port wine jelly), 
New England Clam Chowder (little neck clams, Nueske's bacon, oyster crackers), & Sizzling Shrimp de Jonghe (garlic butter, crispy shallots, toasted sourdough). The chicken liver mousse was everything we remembered it being...delicious. There was oozy cheddar inside with the sausage. The shrimp was good, but we probably wouldn't order it again. That clam chowder was the best either of us had ever had. Second cocktails: Hotel Washington Punch (rum, grapefruit, lime, Door County cherry) & Pago Pago (run, pineapple, green chartreuse). Our mains: I had to get the same thing as last time because it was spectacular...Superior Walleye (pumpernickel, savoy cabbage, spatzle, horseradish sabayon), while David chose All Day Braised Lamb Shoulder (puff pastry, root vegetables, rosemary).I also added a side of creamed spinach...which was delicious, but WAY too much food. But wait...there's more! A la mode Brandy Alexander (brandy, crème de cacao, cream, nutmeg) & Butterscotch Pudding (gingersnap crumble, whipped créme fraîche). And I also opted for an ice cream drink, (I wish they'd just get a blender & make actual ice cream drinks) Pink Squirrel (creme de noyaux, cacao, cream, amaretto)...SO good...& a marvelous way to end a delightfully delicious dinner. After our feast...David & I headed over to The Overture Center...

We were attending our first ever indoor Madison Chamber Orchestra concert. I've been going to their Concerts on the Square for decades, so I'm not sure why I've never bought tickets before. This violinist was riveting (but I wish he'd update his website so I knew where he was playing), Alexander Sitkovesky...total rockstar...he became the music & was so playful...just a joy to watch & listen to. This was the best classical performance I've ever seen...it was my dream orchestra...all strings...including a harpsichord *swoon*. Also, I'm used to getting a lot of compliments on my outfit...but I lost count...the shoes put it over the top.The elegant Capitol theatre, the original. Back when I first moved to Madison in 1989...this was called The Civic Center & it was where I saw my first concert in my new city with my boyfriend, Chad...Love & Rockets with The Pixies opening. I like how they had the stage blocked in to look like a room with wallpaper. It's been a month & I'm still thinking about this performance & music. What a spectacular evening with my love.  The next day at the co-op...yummmm...cheese samples. I came home & prepped dinner for later...before heading out in the snow to pick up the girlie. Look! It's Kate! They left the house & went out with me! This happens so rarely now it requires lots of exclamation! Back at The Overture the very next (very snowy) day...wearing the same dress. The girlie gazing at art...Kids in The Rotunda concert going on below...& a craft project was taking place...Constructing tissue paper carnations before Hadestown...Flowers in our hair...Kate changed their flower up a bit...this called for more selfies. I bought us matching flower pins. The stage & a terrible photo of both of us...it's only fair. We saw this for the first time last year in Minneapolis...I thought it was good...Kate was disappointed in some of the acting, but wanted to try again with a different cast. We were blown away by how much better this production was. Hadestown is my favorite musical ever...I could see it over & over & over again. I started crying when Hades & Persephone began dancing, & pretty much didn't stop for the rest of the show. Don't turn around Orpheus! Kate gave the ultimate compliment when she stated, the only way Hermes could have been better was if he was André De Shields. Walking back to the truck...I don't know why Kate likes taking pictures of me walking. I love going places & doing things with my girlie. Back at home...I made dinner...


 

No comments:

Post a Comment