Monday, February 6, 2023

Sal's // Sun Prairie Vinny's // Madison Symphony Orchestra

Dress: The Somerset Maxi Dress by Anthropologie (size M) via Nuuly
Tights: Snag
Shoes: Fluevog, Baroques: Rubens 
Earring: etXarte
Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 38-32-42
These Somerset maxi dresses are always so easy to wear...cute & stylish, with pockets & nice waist definition with the elastic. This green velvet was a dream...as a faux redhead...it's my color...in some lights it leaned more olive...but mostly more of a Christmas green. Wonderful cool weather dress. I folded the collar under because it wasn't laying right, plus I prefer a v-neck. This maxi was the ideal length for me...gotta show off those Fluevogs! It could be dressed up or down...but despite the velvet, I don't think of the Somerset dresses as being too formal...I wouldn't wear this to a wedding unless it was on the casual side. Tiers of gorgeous green velvet...lovely. 
I get so much wear out of these sparkly orange tights...I only wish the glitter were gold rather than silver. On that note...you have NO idea how long it takes me to write these blogs since I'm constantly being distracted. Just now...I went off for nearly an hour looking into colored tights with gold glitter. I need these (out of my size :()& oh, goodness...definitely orange leopard glitter!
I decided rather than trying to match this shade of green...olive/chartreuse was the way to go so everything stood out more. 
This was my first time wearing these Rubens in green...they were my wedding shoes in burgundy. I found these olive ones on Fluemarket in perfect condition. 
My whole look...vintage lambswool coat with a fur collar found at Elkhorn last summer. 
Green & orange...my favorite flattering color combo...
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Mildew & Overdrive; Azalea, Jasper, & Agate eyeshadow from Natasha Denona; UD eyeshadow in Dragon; Vestment eyeshadow by Kat von D; NYX lipliner in Pumpkin; UD lipstick in Heat, & OPI nail polish in A Woman's Prague-ative. 
Accessories photo...I found that green fancy purse at a local shop...it's used, but not old. 
His & her Fluevogs on our way into dinner at Sal's in Sun Prairie. I had a classic favorite, a Corpse Reviver no. 2 (State Line London dry gin, Lillet Blanc, Clockwork Orange, lemon, Herbsaint). We had to begin with their calamari...as we were amazed by it last time...even though it had broccoli instead of Brussels sprouts (the waitress lied!). David had his favorite food...pizza...this was a Joey Bananas (Wisconsin mozzarella, Tempesta uncured pepperoni, Sartori MontAmore cheese, jalapeño, red sauce, spicy honey, fresh basil). 
I decided to try something I think about every time, but then end up getting something else...Shrimp Scampi (house made gemelli pasta, wild caught shrimp, Calabrese chili, butternut squash, spinach, wine, butter, Sarvecchio, parsley). We had ~30 minutes after dinner to stop by Vinny's...it's one of my favorites...we didn't have a chance to go through everything as they were getting ready to close & we had a concert to get to in Madison. Madison Symphony Orchestra...with guest pianist, Yefim Bronfman (we were not impressed). 
The obligatory selfie in front of the pretty hanging lights in the entrance of Overture. 
As well as the requisite photo of David kissing me. Awwwww. 
Our view of the stage...the musicians warming up. The highlight of the night for both of us was Béla Bartók's The Miraculous Mandarin. Even without the visual of the ballet dancers...you could hear the story being played out with the instruments. It was captivating...like good music should be. 
Our Vinny's haul...4 dresses (I immediately ruined? the red sweater dress by washing it...it stated dry clean only...but they always say that...the water disrupted the pleating & I'm not sure it can be fixed), 4 sweaters, 2 cardigans, a fuzzy wuzzy black jacket, gym clothes, & shirts for David. 

 

1 comment:

  1. Oh, don't you look fabulous!! I love the tiered velvet, and I have the Baroque Velazquez boots in burgundy, so I know your Fluevog season. I must apologize for not visiting until you commented on my blog - I see you have been posting and I've missed so many - but I have now bookmarked and will pop in more regularly.

    I hope it doesn't offend you, but obviously, you've lost weight and it's a big transformation. You have always been beautiful - ALWAYS - and stylish, but good for you. I know what an effort it takes (I constantly struggle with my weight), so kudos!

    Sorry to hear about the pleats. I had the same situation with a vintage Marc Jacobs grey pleated skirt (you might remember it) - I spilled on it so many times and finally dared to wash it, and it DESTROYED the pleats. So sad - I couldn't press them back in. I ended up donating it and saw it for sale for more than what I'd paid for it!

    Off to browse through your recent entries - thank you so much for commenting and reminding me what a stylish and fabulous person you are!

    ReplyDelete