Friday, February 3, 2023

Wasted: Sparkles // Sal's

Dress: Tiered Button-Front Dress by Anthropologie (size M) via Nuuly
Tights: ?
Shoes: Fluevog, Truths: Alison 
Earring: etXarte
Necklace: Vintage Miriam Haskell
Bracelet: former Etsy shop
Purse: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 38-32-42
This dress is such a gorgeous shade of warm red...the fit was slightly big, but the drawstring waist helped with that. Pockets & buttons down the front...could have used a button between the one I have buttoned at the neckline & the one at the waist, but there was enough fabric that it didn't gap open. The feel & flow of this dress was marvelous...& I adored all the tiers. This is the ideal maxi length for me...I can wear heels or flats & it shows off my shoes. 
This dress could easily be dressed down...I always think buttons & collars make a dress more casual...but I'm just a fancy girl. I nearly didn't go with these Fluevogs because they didn't seem dressy enough...but after wearing them a while & seeing them in photos...it was a great choice. If I had a belt collection, I would have picked something with presence for this look. 
This may be my first time wearing these 'Vogs? They are lovely. I am unsure where I picked up these sparkling red tights. 
It's been a long time since I wore this necklace...it had a ribbon attached to the back because it didn't fit me the last time I put it on. I was able to cut that off & wear this as a choker as intended. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Alkaline & Double Life; Nefertiti, Celestial, Saffron, & Blood Moon eyeshadow by Huda Beauty; Burgundy lipliner from MAC; Kat von D lipstick in Russet; Cruella lipstick by Nars; & Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics nail polish in Black Metal Dahlia. 
I wore this dress for a Saturday full of fun. Firstly, Wasted: Sparkles...which is always the January wine tasting theme at Lindsay & Patrick's house. I walked into the kitchen to Lauren cutting up this delicious carrot cake (recipe by Smitten Kitchen) as it didn't fully cook in the center. I immediately started devouring the not quite cooked bits...YUM...carrot cake is my *favorite*. Lindsay also made Deb Perelman's Spicy Crushed Olives with Pistachios...so good & citrusy...a wonderful winter snack on crusty bread. 
All sparkles...all the time. My perfect situation. We began with a non-alcoholic sparkly, which wasn't bad & we decided tasted like raspberry lemon kombucha. Patrick pouring. David's Iggy Fluevogs totally upstaged mine...they are fabulous. Lindsay takes notes. 
This may have been our favorite bottle of the afternoon...
And a final Smitten Kitchen recipe, Slow-Simmered Lentils with Kale & Goat Cheese. And that carrot cake I thought couldn't be better...elevated with brown butter cream cheese frosting...I'm sure I ate 1/2 this plate & most of the frosting. 
Obligatory selfie. And we finished off with some non-alcoholic cocktails that had been gifted to Lindsay (she is a food & arts writer for a local paper)...oh, the faces that were made. I didn't care for any of them. After wine tasting was over...David & I headed to Sal's on Livingston. I sampled a new cocktail, Rye the Long Face (Sal's single barrel limousin rye, St. Elizabeth allspice dram, Demerara syrup, Angostura bitters, Bittercube cherry bark vanilla bitters). 
We began with chicken wings...they are never going to top their former offering...chicken wings with kimchi & Alabama white BBQ sauce. David drank a CranApple Cobbler (Etesia bourbon, spiced cranberry apple syrup, lemon).
This has traditionally been our favorite Sal's location...but on this evening, we were really let down by their signature pizza. The dough was tough...it seemed to have not rested long enough & the salt was forgotten. We took a few bites & sent them back. Our waitress apologized & the chef came out & talked to us...but no one asked if we wanted to order something else. So we didn't. I thoroughly enjoyed their homemade pappardelle & this entire dish...Bolognese (Wells Farm beef & pork ragu, pancetta, Sartori Sarvecchio, basil). A butterscotch pudding was gifted to us for the pizza disaster, which was nice...but we still would have preferred to have been asked if we wanted to order anything else...as David barely got to eat. Later that night...I caught Amanda Palmer on Instagram live. 

 

1 comment:

  1. You live such a joyful life! I adore the Truths family of 'Vogs. My husband has your gent's shoes in full red. Love that dress - and yes, you need belts! Start looking in your thrifting - there are some amazing ones out there!

    ReplyDelete