Wednesday, February 22, 2023

90s Vibe // HIR

Dress: Smocked Waist Ditsy Floral Fit & Flare Dress (size 10) by Taylor Dresses via Gwynnie Bee
Tights: Snag
Shoes: Fluevog, Minis: QTee
Earrings: Wendy Baker
Necklace: Colleen Toland
Bracelet: Vintage
Stats: 5'7" 38-32-42
I liked this dress WAY more than I anticipated...as usual, got the wrong size...but when things don't stretch, I'm afraid to get an 8...even though I've tried enough thrift store dresses on to know that is fairly reliable...I mean, as far as women's sizes ever are. The fit was still alright on this as it had a smocked waist...I loved everything about this dress with the exception of the useless ties at the neck...which I loosely draped over each other & let hang. 
This whole outfit was giving me a 90s vibe...so I was reliving my youth a bit. 
I just adore these Fluevog QTees that I found on Poshmark...that little bit of piping is orange...
In real life, I hate my hair...but in photos I don't mind it. After losing weight (& maybe having knee surgery?)...my hair started falling out from the trauma. And then it grew back much more wavy/curly...but it still hasn't gotten back to its usual volume...not sure it ever will. One thing I am grateful for is that I didn't lose a significant amount of hair after my last surgery...I was really worried about that. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Perversion, Carnelian & Agate eyeshadow by Natasha Denona, UD eyeshadow in Hell Ride, MAC lipliner in Burgundy, Golshan lipstick from Bite Beauty, & OPI nail polish in ? (their labels come off way too easily). 
Every Monday & Wednesday morning...pilates! I've been recording these & now have quite a collection of videos to do at home (usually Fridays). Car wash photo...Veronika gets a bath most days we drive her. Trying on dresses at Goodwill...before heading to my first bellydance class at Dance Life. What a great energy this place has...but they were in week 3 of learning a routine to a song & I was completely lost. I spoke with the teacher/owner afterward & she told me to return in 2 weeks when they were going to start new choreography. 
This is what I wore to class...I found this hip scarf Kate had gotten me ages ago when we took a bellydance class together...now I need to get some cute bellydance tops so I don't have to wear sports bras. I ended up with 3 dresses & a black slip from my Goodwill trip...I never do as well there as Vinny's. I was driving to work...it was like -30° out & this car in front of me had the back windows rolled down for their adorable Rottweiler...& it made me smile...also, I love that his people didn't mind freezing for their beloved dog. 
Selfies at work because I think I'm adorable. After work...a bit of co-op shopping & to the library to pick up non-alcoholic cocktail books for Kate. Making a simple dinner... 
Dry-aged local ribeye with miso butter shallots & roasted sweet potatoes...YUM. Afterwards, off to see the play that was cancelled a few days prior, HIR. 
What a devastatingly dark dysfunctional family drama...so well acted too. I'm really glad we didn't miss this one. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment