Friday, September 20, 2019

The Man of Destiny // Marquette

 Dress: Cherry Print Fit & Flare Dress by Eva Rose (size 4x) via Gwynnie Bee
Teggings: Re/Dress
Sandals: Born 
Earring: etXarte
Necklace: Wendy Baker
Bracelets: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo, Kate, Jason, Brian, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
This dress was adorable & I loved wearing it. I felt like a giant cherry popsicle...I think that's what Kate called me? Another cute cotton dress from Eva Rose...I wouldn't change a thing about it. Other similarly cut cherry dresses I've worn have had smaller cherries & polka dots, from Cherry Velvet, Eva Rose, & Torrid
Shoes hidden in the grass...I had different shoes on every time I wore this dress anyway.
Freshly dyed hair...I always think my hair looks alright...then I dye it & wow...I guess I should do it more often than every 3 months. Still no grey hair. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Electric Empire; UD eyeshadow in Bang Bang, Turn On, & Young Love; Love + eyeshadow from Sugarpill Cosmetics; Santa Sangre lipstick by Kat von D; & OPI nail polish in Red Heads Ahead. 
I first wore this dress to see The Man of Destiny at APT with Kate & Jason. This play was cursed...first I scheduled it on an Elkhorn Sunday, then Kate had to keep pestering me to switch it...then I forgot to put it in my calendar...& only discovered that when Kate asked me the day before what the plan was. I texted...I'm your best friend & you love me, right? She replied, correct! Then I confessed my mess up. I was able to get us tickets to another show, but only because I called back after they told me all shows were sold out, with the exception of one...that only had two tickets available...but I was desperate...so I inquired, I have a handicap placard...do you have any handicap seats? And it turns out that they add additional seats two at a time for people with special needs. However, that meant Jason would have to sit alone. But Kate was able to snag the seat next to him & I got two seats to myself. What a long boring story. But after all that...yummy food & wine for our picnic on the most perfect summer day. 
Cute...
 Inside at The Touchstone...see Kate & Jason on the left?
Fresh flowers several days after I got them...the pretty sunflowers I was picking out in my pajamas in my last post. Bob's Bad Breath Burger from Weary Traveler...best burger ever. And look what I got! I've never had a make-up mirror before...it's kind of amazing. I think it needs to be covered in rhinestones. 
I also wore this dress while visiting Brian...on this day we drove into Marquette because the lovely Kris from Behennaed was doing a pop-up at a local coffee shop. I've wanted henna from her for YEARS & I was so happy it finally worked out. What a fantastic artist she is.
 Finished...
Afterwards...we headed to the Delft for lunch/dinner. I saw Pretty in Pink at this theatre when it came out. They show movies on a screen in the dining room as a nod to its original purpose...the movie on this day was Breakfast at Tiffany's.
The best part of our meal was this amazing poutine! I told Kate I had the best poontang in Marquette & she was like, do you mean poutine? Um, right! Also, that little jar next to the grilled bread contains 3 delightful layers...roasted tomato jam, burrata, & pesto...Brian recreated it the next day & it was even better...I am definitely serving that as an appetizer sometime soon. I am drinking a gin ginger old fashioned...genius. We came for the chicken & sweet potato waffles...Brian had had them at brunch & loved them, they were not as exciting on this day...but this was still an amazing meal with delightful company. 

No comments:

Post a Comment