Monday, September 16, 2019

The Lowest Pair // Yum Yum Fest

 Dress: Tie Front Drifting Demoiselles Dress by Effie's Heart (size 4x) via Gwynnie Bee
Teggings: Re/Dress
Sandals: Clarks, thrifted 
All Jewelry: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo, Kate, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
Another spectacular Effie's Heart dress...in my favorite color, the color of fun! And I did have fun in this dress. I hadn't tried this style before & I must say...that tie at the neckline is a bit odd. I think I made it my own though by pinning it down instead of tying it in a bow. The fit & length were spot on. I will buy this dress if it comes to the GB Shop. 
I paired the dress with these brown teggings...which I'm not entirely happy with, but I couldn't come up with a better solution. Also, these sandals by Clarks are ridiculously comfortable...like walking on clouds. 
I was rather pleased with the perfection of this pin & earring set in just the right shade of coral...we found it at Elkhorn Flea last year & this is my first time wearing it. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Torch, UD Heat palette, Huda Beauty Coral Obsessions palette, UD Heat lipstick, & Conga-Line Coral nail polish from OPI. 
I first wore this dress to see The Lowest Pair outside on a beautiful evening with Kate & Jason. I adore this band & feel lucky to be able to see them every year. I think we had Thai food, but I must have been so hungry...I forgot to take pictures.
I also brought raspberries to share. Kate & Jason with the setting sun. And Rye peeking out of my sequin sheers on my new antique fainting couch in my office/make-up room. 
That same weekend, I wore this outfit again to attend Yum Yum Fest with the girlie. It lived up to its name & was indeed YUM. And...as soon as we walked in, a strange girl leaned against me & I tried to ignore it...but it was elly, yay! A sneaky pic of elly & Josh ordering their first food of the day...
Beer...
I went right for the Poke Cannoli from Sal's first...delicious. And that bone marrow slider from Pig in a Fur Coat, definitely my favorite. My mouth is mourning the fact that I will never taste it again.
This woman's watermelon dress was adorable...& some food that was good, but not as outstanding as...
this creation from Tory Miller for Sujeo...Korean fried chicken in a homemade waffle cone with bourbon barrel aged maple syrup ice cream...& surprise gummy bears in the bottom. WOW!
I ended our food adventure with a farmer's market inspired snow cone...I had rhubarb ginger & Kate had champagne current, I think? We hadn't been to this event since their first year, but we'll most certainly go again. The food was creative & tasty, as well as having a good selection for vegetarians & vegans. 

No comments:

Post a Comment