Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Wasted: Alpine Wines // Billy Porter

Dress: Isabella Floral Dress by BHLDN (size 10) via Nuuly
Sandals: Born
Earring & Necklace: Vintage Heidi Daus via Ebay 
Bracelet: Vintage
Stats: 5'7" 38-32-42
This is the princess of all princess dresses for me...with that brown background covered in an array of flowers & the long dramatic ribbons cascading down off my shoulders. The muted colors seemed autumnal to me, but it felt just as at home at an outdoor spring wine tasting. It had a lovely shape...nicely fitted up top & an abundance of fabric in the skirt that was poufed out with an underlayer of tulle. The shoulder straps are not adjustable & the bow is permanently tied/tacked on...so they did occasionally slip...but that did not keep me from loving this beauty. 
I received endless compliments on this dress...equally from men & women, which is unusual...typically more women comment on my outfits. 
I could have went with nearly any color shoe with this frock, but as orange is my favorite color...
The lilacs front & center made me happy. 
My choice of a sunflower necklace further pushed this into fall vibes...but it fit best to me. 
Brown tulle...& preparing for wine tasting. We get a Burlap & Barrel subscription box (we LOVE their spices & are not so slowly replacing our Penzeys jars with them)...& this cracker mix was included...so I thought it would be the ideal thing to make for 2 events the same weekend. And...2 wines that fit the theme of Alpine Wines (Kate will disagree & say only 1 does). 
A perfectly glorious day to be outside socializing, nibbling, & sipping wine. 
This is such a fun group, but I never flit around like I want to...I tend to stay seated in the same spot. Must fix that. 
Cuties...drinking too much wine. 
This was my reaction to one of the wines we brought from Kate's cellar in our basement (the bomb cellar). Shortly before we left (we usually bow out around 5-6 hours), Scott made a fire & Patrick brought out his guitar. This would have been my favorite time of the evening...but we had an early morning & needed to get some more substantial food to soak up all that alcohol. 
So, off to Sal's in Sun Prairie we went. They have cheese curds on the menu now!!! And we had to get our favorite starter, fried calamari with veg (broccoli). I had my beloved Canestri & Cheese (with shrimp)...the pasta they make is delightful. David can't resist their pizza...I think he ordered a special pie on this day & I can't recall what it was. And yes, this was our third time here in 1 week. 
The following day, we had to get up at 4am for Elkhorn, then I dashed off to Kate's NA wine tasting (my next outfit post), & finally... David & I had tickets to see Billy Porter...where I just had to wear this frock again...it was too fabulous to only wear once. 

I didn't get my usual best seats possible...because we like Billy Porter, but aren't super fans...so we were just out of the VIP section in the 12th row...but not for long. Sweet Billy had them shine the lights into the audience to point out there were open seats up close & we should fill them up...so I hustled on up to 5th row center. 
The only downside to this was...we had been on the aisle & he went into the audience & was dancing & taking selfies with anyone who wanted to...so we missed out on that. It looks like those guys up on stage are partners...but they didn't even know each other. The audience participation portion was hilarious because this one woman couldn't follow the simplest of direction...& we couldn't stop laughing.
We went to this not knowing what to expect (we only knew him from Pose & I was aware he'd been in Kinky Boots on Broadway). We were enchanted...this man is a powerhouse...it was an incredible performance & tribute to his career...so we left knowing a lot more about him & having tremendous respect for his struggle to be a success as himself...a flamboyant gay man with spectacular style. There were 7 extraordinary ensembles...but he needs to step up his shoe game...John Fluevog, Billy needs you. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment